Guns N’ Roses is a world-famous American hard rock band from Los Angeles, California that came into existence in 1985 and has since released a wide range of tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Illusion I, Welcome to the Jungle, G N’ R Lies, “The Spaghetti Incident?”, Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide, Chinese Democracy, You Could Be Mine, and November Rain.
- Axl Rose – Lead and Occasional Backing Vocals, Piano, Percussion
- Duff McKagan – Bass Guitar, Backing and Occasional Lead Vocals
- Slash – Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Occasional Backing Vocals
- Dizzy Reed – Keyboards, Piano, Backing Vocals, Percussion
- Richard Fortus – Rhythm and Lead Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Frank Ferrer – Drums, Percussion, Occasional Backing Vocals
- Melissa Reese – Synthesizers, Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Sub-Bass, Programming
- Izzy Stradlin
- Rob Gardner
- Tracii Guns
- Ole Beich
- Steven Adler
- Matt Sorum
- Gilby Clarke
- Paul “Huge” Tobias
- Robin Finck
- Josh Freese
- Tommy Stinson
- Chris Pitman
- Bryan “Brain” Mantia
- Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal
- DJ Ashba
Los Angeles, California, United States
Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Geffen Records, UMG, Uzi Suicide, Black Frog
First Headlining Tour
The band performed its first headlining tour, The Early Days of Guns N’ Roses, from 1985 to 1987.
- Guns N’ Roses released its first studio album, Appetite for Destruction, on July 21, 1987, through Geffen Records and it included songs such as Shadow of Your Love, Used to Love Her, and Patience. The album was warmly received by both the critics as well as the audience and topped the US Top Hard Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, US Billboard 200 chart, and New Zealand Albums (RMNZ) chart. It has also been certified ’18× Platinum’ by United States (RIAA) and ‘7× Platinum’ by Australia (ARIA).
- The band’s 5th studio album, “The Spaghetti Incident?”, was released on November 23, 1993, via Geffen Records and it topped the Australian Albums (ARIA) chart and was ranked at number #4 in the US Billboard 200 chart. It also became a ‘3× Platinum’ in Canada and ‘2× Gold’ in France.
Guns N’ Roses Facts
- The discography by Guns N’ Roses is mostly a fusion of punk rock, blues rock, heavy metal, hard rock, and hair metal.
- Many modern bands like Fall Out Boy, Avenged Sevenfold, Mother Love Bone, Buckcherry, Hinder, Manic Street Preachers, Bullet for My Valentine, The Strokes, Sum 41, and Black Label Society have credited Guns N’ Roses as their inspiration.
- The band’s 6th studio album, Chinese Democracy, received a ban by the Chinese government as the government believed that the album “turns its spear point on China”.
- The well-reputed band has also been on many other tours including Appetite for Destruction Tour, Up Close and Personal Tour, Not in This Lifetime… Tour, and Use Your Illusion Tour.
- Guns N’ Roses has won several awards including American Music Award, Billboard Touring Award, World Music Award, and the MTV Video Music Award.
- The band has also earned a massive fan base on social media and enjoys more than 28 million followers on Facebook, more than 7 million followers on Twitter, more than 7.5 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 5 million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Ed Vill / Flickr / CC BY 2.0