|Frank Ferrer Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1966|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Frank Ferrer is an American rock drummer and musician who is best known for being a member of the critically acclaimed hard rock band, Guns N’ Roses, alongside Axl Rose, Duff McKagan, Slash, keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, and keyboardist Melissa Reese. Apart from that, Frank Ferrer has also worked along with a couple of other musical groups including The Beautiful, The Dead Daisies, The Compulsions, The Psychedelic Furs, and Love Spit Love.
New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
- Father – He was a carpenter and Latin percussionist.
Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge, Heavy Metal
Drums, Percussion, Guitar, Vocals
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – He fathers 2 children – a daughter named Olivia and a son named Coltrane Ferrer.
Race / Ethnicity
Frank Ferrer is of Cuban descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Sports a beard
- Is often seen wearing shades
Frank Ferrer Facts
- He grew in New York, United States.
- He was 11 years of age when he went to a Kiss concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. That was when Frank Ferrer fell in absolute love with the rock band as well as rock music and was influenced to pursue a career in the same field.
- From 1988 to 1993, he served as the drummer of the New York City-based rock band, The Beautiful, alongside vocalist and guitarist Jonathan Lacey and bassist Perry Bottke. The band only released a self-titled EP and an album titled Storybook before splitting up in 1993.
- Despite the limited popularity of The Beautiful during its days, its only album, Storybook, was placed at number #2 on a “Top 10 Underrated 90’s Alternative Rock Albums” list at the Alternative Nation website in 2014.
- In 2004, Frank Ferrer started drumming for the New York City-based band, The Compulsions, whose members also include vocalist Rob Carlyle, guitarist Richard Fortus, and bassist Sami Yaffa. They released their debut studio album, Beat The Devil, in 2011.
- He became a member of Guns N’ Roses in 2006 after replacing Bryan “Brain” Mantia during their European Tour. His first show with the band was held at Graspop Metal Meeting in Dessel, Belgium on June 24, 2006.
- Initially, it was intended that Frank Ferrer would join Guns N’ Roses only for 2 weeks as a touring drummer but he soon secured his place in the band as an official member.
- With Guns N’ Roses, he has worked on a number of tracks which include Chinese Democracy, Better, and I.R.S. for the album Chinese Democracy.
- Between 2013 and 2014, he also worked with the Australian-American rock band and musical collective supergroup, The Dead Daisies.
- His daughter Olivia was a member of the indie-pop/psychedelic pop girl band, Supercute!.
- Frank Ferrer’s usual pieces of equipment include DW drums, Remo drumheads, Sabian cymbals, and Vater drumsticks. Until the year 2014, he used Pork Pie Percussion drums and Zildjian cymbals.
Featured Image by Frank Ferrer / Instagram