|Dizzy Reed Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1963|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Dizzy Reed is an American musician, keyboardist, pianist, percussionist, and occasional actor who is best known for being a member of the rock band, Guns N’ Roses, alongside the likes of Axl Rose, Duff McKagan, Slash, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, and Melissa Reese. Together, they have worked on a number of projects such as Use Your Illusion I, Use Your Illusion II, Chinese Democracy, and “The Spaghetti Incident?”.
Darren Arthur Reed
Dizzy, Dizzy F’n Reed
Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dizzy Reed studied at Fairview High School which is a public, coeducational, comprehensive BVSD secondary school located in Boulder, Colorado.
Musician, Keyboardist, Pianist, Percussionist, Actor
- Father – Bob Reed
Dizzy Reed is represented by Nardia Drayton, Golden Robot Records.
Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Keyboards, Guitar, Bass, Vibraphone, Percussion, Vocals
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dizzy Reed has dated –
- Angela Parker (1989-1990)
- Lisa Reed (1990-2010) – He got married to author and special education teacher, Lisa, in the year 1990 and during the course of their relationship, the duo was blessed with 2 daughters, namely, Skye (b. 1992) and Shade (b. 1996). However, after being together for around 20 years, Dizzy Reed and Lisa decided to part ways and filed for divorce in 2010.
- Roxana Shirazi (2006)
Note – Dizzy Reed also fathers a son named Justin Gunn-Reed (b. 1988) from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Curly hair
- Deep-set eyes
Dizzy Reed Favorite Things
- Member Of Queen – Brian May
Source – Louder
Dizzy Reed Facts
- He grew up in Colorado, United States.
- It was his grandmother who initially taught him to play the organ when he was still quite young.
- Although he officially joined Guns N’ Roses in 1990, Dizzy Reed had already worked with the band in 1986.
- He has been the original guitarist of Guns N’ Roses.
- Despite his denial, he has been described as reclusive and introverted.
- Dizzy Reed was also a member of the Australian-American rock band and musical collective supergroup, The Dead Daisies, along with his Guns N’ Roses bandmate Richard Fortus. However, they both left the group in order to focus on their work with Guns N’ Roses.
- With The Dead Daisies, Dizzy Reed worked on a few albums including The Dead Daisies and Revolución.
- He is the 2nd longest standing member of Guns N’ Roses after Axl Rose.
- As a solo artist, he released his debut album, Rock ‘N Roll Ain’t Easy, in 2018 via Golden Robot Records.
- Dizzy Reed has also appeared in a few movie roles which include his appearance as a Piano player in a bar in The Still Life, Mumbles in Charlie’s Death Wish, and Daggar in Sunset Society.
- As a member of Guns N’ Roses, he was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.
- Dizzy Reed became a member of the Cornell University chapter of Zeta Psi on January 22, 2006. This was a rather unusual step considering the traditional age of inductees.
Featured Image by Matthew Field / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0