|Amy Robach Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1973|
Amy Robach is an American anchor, correspondent, and TV personality who is known for having served as the co-anchor of 20/20 and the breaking news anchor for Good Morning America. She is an accomplished host and has worked with popular networks such as NBC and ABC. Amy Robach has also worked on a number of shows which include the likes of Early Today, Weekend Today, MSNBC Live, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, ABC News Nightline, Today, Nashville, The Meredith Vieira Show, Chasing Life, Rachael Ray, Wendy: The Wendy Williams Show, Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America Weekend Edition, and Celebrity Page. Growing up, she was a gymnast and has continued an active lifestyle throughout. A breast cancer survivor, Amy Robach has also accumulated a huge social media fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 150k followers on Twitter, and more than 180k followers on Facebook.
Amy Joanne Robach
Amy, Slugger Bug (Her dad calls her by this name)
St. Joseph, Michigan, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Amy Robach studied at Brookwood High School, a public secondary school located in Snellville, Georgia. Later, she got enrolled at the University of Georgia, a public flagship research university located in Athens, Georgia, and graduated with high honors in Broadcast Journalism in 1995.
Anchor, Correspondent, TV Personality
- Mother – Joan Robach
- Siblings – Amy Robach has a brother.
- Others – Matt Lindahl (Cousin) (Actor, Former ‘Nashville Star’ Contestant), Elisabeth Shue (Sister-In-Law) (Actress), Davis Guggenheim (Brother-In-Law) (Director, Producer, Writer)
Amy Robach is represented by ABC Television Complex, TV Studios, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Robach has dated –
- Tim McIntosh (1996-2008) – Amy Robach was previously in a relationship with the baseball player, Tim McIntosh. The duo tied the knot in 1996 and welcomed their first child, a daughter named Ava McIntosh, in the year 2002. Later, they were again blessed with a child, another daughter named Analise McIntosh, who was born in 2006. However, after staying together for over a decade, the duo decided to call it quits and filed for an uncontested divorce in 2008.
- Andrew Shue (2009-Present) – Amy Robach met actor Andrew Shue, who is known for having been cast as Billy Campbell in the primetime soap opera series Melrose Place, for the very first time at a book party in April 2009. Soon after, they got engaged in September 2009 and just a few months later, on February 6, 2010, the happy couple got married at The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers in Chelsea, adjacent to the Hudson River. That day also marked Amy’s 37th birthday. The couple has since been together and can often be seen attending several events. After the marriage, Amy Robach became stepmother to Andrew Shue’s 3 sons, Nate (born 1997), Aidan (born 1999), and Wyatt (born 2004), from his previous marriage to floral designer Jennifer Hageney. Moreover, Amy Robach also keeps her fans updated by posting a lot of pictures with Andrew on Instagram.
- T. J. Holmes (2022-Present) – In November 2022, Amy was rumored to be secretly dating her “GMA3: What You Need To Know” co-anchor T. J. Holmes, despite being married to other people. They were reportedly seen holding hands and were also spotted at each other’s apartments. In December 2022, it was revealed that T.J. had filed for divorce from his wife Marilee Fiebig. Later that month, T.J. and Amy were seen sharing a kiss during a vacation in Miami.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
- Toned body
- Deep-set eyes
Amy Robach appeared in a TV commercial for Texture in 2015.
Best Known For
- Having worked as the co-anchor of 20/20 and the breaking news anchor for Good Morning America
- Having amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 150k followers on Twitter, and more than 180k followers on Facebook
Amy Robach made her first theatrical film appearance as herself in the heist comedy film, Ocean’s 8, in 2018. Directed by Gary Ross, the film starred the likes of Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina, Rihanna, and Helena Bonham Carter.
First TV Show
Amy Robach made her first TV show appearance as the Host in an episode of the news series, Early Today, in 1999.
Amy Robach stays fit by maintaining an active life. She loves running which, in turn, keeps her healthy. Running also helps her get rid of a bad mood, fear, sadness, anxiety, jet lag, or whatever it is that is bothering her. She enjoys both running solo as well as with her friends and feels that it is a great way to explore a locale.
Moreover, Amy Robach also takes great interest in hiking and has also summitted Mount Kilimanjaro.
Amy Robach Favorite Things
- Song – Sailing by Christopher Cross
- Board Game – Balderdash
- Weekend Activity – Shopping at HomeGoods
- Flower – Peony
Source – Us Magazine
Amy Robach Facts
- She was raised in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. Later, she moved to St. Louis, Missouri along with her family that later relocated to Georgia, United States, where Amy Robach received her education.
- Her aunt and uncle used to work as performing-arts teachers at her high school.
- Growing up, she was a competitive gymnast for about 7 years.
- It was the year 2003 when Amy Robach joined the television network, MSNBC, and stayed with the team for a period of 4 years, within which she also got a chance to anchor for 2 hours in the morning while also filling in on Countdown with Keith Olbermann and Morning Joe.
- In July 2007, she was assigned the job of the co-anchor of NBC’s morning news and talk program, Weekend Today.
- On May 19, 2012, she revealed that she would be moving to ABC News and on March 31, 2014, she became the news anchor of the morning television show, Good Morning America, after having appeared as a correspondent on the same.
- Amy Robach was previously diagnosed with breast cancer and she revealed the news on November 11, 2013, on Good Morning America. As a part of her treatment, she had to undergo a bilateral mastectomy, the medical term for the surgical removal of one or both breasts either partially or completely.
- During her cancer treatment, the doctors found out a 2nd malignant tumor in her other breast and that cancer had spread to her lymph nodes (classified as Stage IIB) and she later made all this information public on November 22, 2013. Her treatment included 8 rounds of chemotherapy, radiation, and reconstructive surgery.
- Amy Robach has participated in several marathons.
- In 1995, she wrapped up her journey for the Miss Georgia pageant as the 4th runner-up.
- She appeared as a News Anchor in an episode, titled Mi Amiguita Rosita, of the educational children’s television series, Sesame Street, in October 2013.
- Amy Robach received a nomination for a 2002 Regional Emmy (National Capitol Chesapeake Bay) in the “News Segments: General News /Delayed Air” category for her reporting on the “Danger Zone”.
- In 2015, she released her book titled Better: How I Let Go of Control, Held On to Hope, and Found Joy in My Darkest Hour.
- She was cast as Lila Campo in an episode, titled The Blame Game, of the comedy-crime drama show, Castle, in February 2016.
- She can moonwalk.
- Amy can also do back handspring.
- She likes the song Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf and knows all the lyrics.
- Yacht rock is her go-to playlist genre.
- She is very good at playing board games.
- She loves watching horror movies.
- Before tasting anything, she puts salt over it.
- She played a lot of French horn in 6th grade.
- She plays golf and holds the bat left-handedly.
- As of late 2020, she was having 7 piercings but 0 tattoos.
- She cannot fall asleep while on an aeroplane.
- Amy hates eating watermelons.
- She is fearful of swimming in open water.
- Her first car was a 1989 Toyota Corolla SR5.
- She doesn’t like the sound of wind chimes.
- Amy Robach has a habit of keeping at least 1 bottle of champagne in her fridge so that she could celebrate the moment whenever she wants.
- Amy and her husband Andrew Shue still have those clothes which they wore when they had met for the first time. They do not wear them anymore, however, they are still hanging in their respective closets.
Featured Image by Amy Robach / Instagram