Chyler Leigh Potts
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
She lives with her family in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Chyler Leigh managed to pass the California High School Proficiency Exam at the age of 16.
Actress, model, and singer
- Father – Robert Potts (Operated Weight Loss Business)
- Mother – Yvonne Norton (Ran Weight Loss Business with her husband)
- Siblings – Christopher Khayman Lee (Brother)
- Others – Robert Louis Potts (Paternal Grandfather), Violet Leone Peterson (Paternal Grandmother)
Chyler Leigh is represented by The Burstein Company (Talent Agency).
Pop, pop rock, alternative rock
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chyler Leigh has dated
- Nathan West (2002-Present) – Chyler first met actor Nathan West at the age of 16. West was 20 years old at that time. They were both up for an audition for the pilot of a WB series called Saving Graces, which wasn’t taken up for the production. They eventually started dating and Chyler decided to move in together. The early years of their relationship were certainly fiery as both of them plunged into drug addiction. Chyler would later blame their difficult upbringing for their addiction. They eventually managed to get a handle on their addiction and got married in a romantic ceremony held in Alaska in 2002. Nathan had filmed his marriage proposal and hid it in the DVD of the film, Not Another Teen Movie. In December 2003, she gave birth to their son, Noah Wilde. In September 2006, she gave birth to their first daughter, Taelyn Leigh. They welcomed their second daughter Anniston Kae into their family in May 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Danish, French, and Irish ancestry.
Dark Blonde (Natural)
But, she often has to dye her hair as per her role requirements.
- High cheekbones
- Petite figure
Early in her modeling career, Chyler Leigh was featured in the commercials for leading brands such as
She had also done modeling work for many magazines and catalogs.
Attending a Christian church service with her husband helped her break her drug addiction.
She identifies herself as a Christian and credits her faith for giving her a reason to live.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Alexandra “Alex” Danvers in the action drama TV series, Supergirl. She has reprised this role in other superhero TV series such as The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow.
- Having played the role of Dr. Alexandra “Lexie” Grey in the medical drama TV series, Grey’s Anatomy.
As a Singer
She often collaborates with her husband Nathan West to create music. They have performed covers of popular songs as well as created original songs.
On the eve of their 13th anniversary, they created the single, Love Lit the Sky. They released another single Nowhere on Valentine’s eve in 2017.
In 1997, Chyler made her theatrical film debut in a lead role in the action comedy movie, Kickboxing Academy. She was 15 years old at the time of her debut.
First TV Show
In 1996, Chyler Leigh made her first TV show appearance on drama series, Hall Pass.
Chyler suffers from exercise-induced asthma, which makes it difficult for her to hit the gym. Anyways, she doesn’t like hitting the gym. Instead, she relies on her active lifestyle to keep herself fit.
She also likes to join her husband for an occasional jog around the block. Also, running after her young children keeps her on moving around throughout the day.
Regarding diet, she tries to make healthy choices. She relies largely on a vegetarian diet with a focus on eating fresh veggies. She occasionally eats poultry and fish for her protein intake. She has also given Blood Type Diet a try as well. In this diet plan, the blood test is done and then customized diet plan is made accordingly.
Chyler Leigh Favorite Things
- Food Indulgence – Ice cream
- Beauty Products – Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Dermalogica Active Moist moisturizer
- Stress Buster – A great movie with a glass of wine
Source – Health
Chyler Leigh Facts
- She has often confessed in her interviews that she did drugs in her teens. She also used to drink heavily during that phase and barely used to eat.
- Soon after she started her modeling career at the age of 12, she started smoking.
- In 2002, she was placed by Stuff Magazine on the 41st spot on their list featuring 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- She is a fan of ink art and has got a big artsy tattoo on her back, featuring two creatures, night sky, and stars in the background.
- In 1999, Chyler moved with her mother to Los Angeles to get a better shot at the acting career.
- She has done advocacy work for The Thirst Project, which is a non-profit organization that aims to provide safe drinking water to the communities all over the world.
- She made her first appearance in medical drama Grey’s Anatomy in the finale episode of the third season. She was made a member of the regular cast in the following season.
- She has collaborated with her husband Nathan West to establish The Create Change Mission, which aims to bring positive changes to the world using media-based solutions.
- In 2002, she was placed in the 65th position in “Hot 100 Women of 2002” list created by the Maxim magazine.
- Visit her official website @ chyler-leigh.org.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Chyler Leigh / Instagram