|JR Bourne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1970|
JR Bourne is a Canadian actor, voiceover artist, and singer who is known for playing a variety of characters in several shows and movies such as Tom Price in Somewhere Between, Chris Argent in Teen Wolf, Elliot in Madison, Bryce in Everything’s Gone Green, Cliffie in On the Corner, Martouf/Lantash in Stargate SG-1, Isaac in The Secret Circle, Thomas Dolan in Falling Water, Paul Deeds in Cold Squad, Russell Lightbourne VII in The 100, Barry in Satisfaction, and Sam in Godiva’s. He has flourished greatly as an actor and over the years, he has also made appearances in many others shows and movies like Josie and the Pussycats, The Favourite Game, Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning, Severed: Forest of the Dead, Everything’s Gone Green, The Butterfly Effect 2, Unnatural & Accidental, Frazier Park Recut, The Right Connections, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, Aftershock: Earthquake in New York, Return to Cabin by the Lake, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Odysseus: Voyage to the Underworld, The Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon, Smallville, Her Dark Past, Arrow, and The Mentalist. Moreover, JR Bourne has won a couple of awards and nominations for his acting finesse while he also enjoys an immense social media fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, and more than 150k followers on Facebook.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
JR Bourne studied at Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute which is a non-semester, public high school institution located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Some of the other popular alumni of the institute include Neil Young, Craig Arnold, Amanda Marshall, Lois Maxwell, Beverly Thomson, Elaine Lui, Jonathan Crombie, and Kelleth Cuthbert.
Actor, Singer, Voiceover Artist
- Siblings – Kim Bourne MacGregor (Sister)
- Others – Madison (Niece)
JR Bourne is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Bushy beard
- Lean body
- Deep-set eyes
In 2004, JR Bourne appeared in a TV commercial for Molson Canadian.
Best Known For
- Starring as Tom Price in the American mystery drama television series, Somewhere Between, alongside the likes of Paula Patton, Devon Sawa, Aria Birch, and Serge Houde
- Portraying the character of Chris Argent, a born and raised werewolf hunter who is highly effective at his job, in the American supernatural teen drama romantic comedy television series, Teen Wolf, in which he was cast in a lead role alongside actors Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Holland Roden, Colton Haynes, Shelley Hennig, Arden Cho, Dylan Sprayberry, Linden Ashby, and Melissa Ponzio
- Playing the role of Cliffie as one of the lead actors alongside Alex Rice and Simon Baker in the drama film, On the Corner (2003), for which Bourne also won the 4th Annual Vancouver Film Critics Award in the “Best Supporting Actor – Canadian Film” category as well as won a Leo Awards 2003 nomination in the “Best Supporting Performance by a Male in a Feature Length Drama” category. In 2003, the movie was also included in TIFF’s annual year-end Canada’s Top Ten list.
- Having starred as Bryce in the comedy film, Everything’s Gone Green, whose lead cast also included Paulo Costanzo and Steph Song. For his role, JR Bourne won a 7th Annual Vancouver Film Critics Award in the “Best Supporting Actor – Canadian Film” in 2006 and he also won a Leo Awards 2006 nomination in the “Best Supporting Performance by a Male in a Feature Length Drama” category.
- Having amassed a huge fan base on social media with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, and more than 150k followers on Facebook
As a Singer
JR Bourne has performed the song, You Cannot Choose, in the drama film, On the Corner.
JR Bourne made his first feature film appearance by playing the role of Odin in the sci-fi action thriller film, Jungleground in the year 1995. Directed by Don Allan, the film’s cast also included actors Roddy Piper, Torri Higginson, Peter Williams, Rachel Wilson, Nicholas Campbell, Jason Blicker, Victoria Snow, and several others.
In the year 2001, JR Bourne made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Building 21 Guard in the crime action drama film, Antitrust, whose lead cast comprised of Ryan Phillippe, Tim Robbins, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Claire Forlani. Also, the film was awarded as the “Best Feature Film” as well as “Best Director” (Peter Howitt) at the 2001 Shanghai International Film Festival.
First TV Show
JR Bourne made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Borden in the American crime drama fantasy series, Strange Luck in December 1995. The show starred D. B. Sweeney, Pamela Gidley, Cynthia Martells, and Frances Fisher and was canceled after only 17 episodes had been aired on FOX.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of The Man in an episode, titled Why Don’t We Do It on the Road, of the Australian-Canadian animated children’s series, Beat Bugs, in August 2016. Directed by Josh Wakely, the show also had voices of artists such as Ashleigh Ball, Lili Beaudoin, Rebecca Husain, Charles Demers, and Erin Mathews.
JR Bourne indulges in intense workout sessions whenever he gets the time and makes sure to lift a lot of weights and exercise really well so that, at last, he is left with a longing to do all of that all over again the following day. Moreover, going to the gym also acts as an anti-depressant for the celebrity.
As far as his diet is concerned, JR Bourne always focuses on eating clean and healthy. Also, he has made it a habit to eat at some selected places only because then he can be sure about the quality of the food and can also avoid eating things that are not very nutritious. His go-to morning meal includes a protein drink along with blueberries, banana, omega oil, flaxseed, and coconut water. He enjoys eating a breakfast burrito on weekends.
JR Bourne Favorite Things
- Food – Burgers, Ice Creams, Fries, Pasta, Pizza, Lasagna,
- City For Food – New York City, New York
Source – TheNewPotato.com
JR Bourne Facts
- He has been an active voice for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. It is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has been established in the United States to provide the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis which is a genetic disorder that mostly affects the lungs but also the pancreas, liver, kidneys, and intestine.
- JR Bourne’s niece, Madison, has also been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis.
- He was cast as CIA Agent Edwards in the American science fiction supernatural drama television series, Fringe from 2009 to 2011.
- Whenever he is on set and craves for some snacks, he mostly opts for popcorns.
- If JR Bourne could invite anyone, living or dead, to a dinner party hosted by him, he would only invite his parents so that they can all spend some quality time together as a family.
- He shares a close friendship with American actor Ian Bohen.
- Between 2012 and 2013, JR Bourne played the recurring role of Kenny Ryan in the American psychological thriller mystery drama television series, Revenge, which starred Madeleine Stowe, Emily VanCamp, Gabriel Mann, Henry Czerny, Ashley Madekwe, and many others.
- He believes that washing feet every night before going to bed helps in assuring a better overnight sleep. This has been one of the many things advised by his mother.
- Some of the roles played by JR Bourne during the starting phase of his career include playing Steinar Eysteinnson in Porcaria, Odin in Jungleground, Joseph in The Final Goal, Doorman in Past Perfect, Borden in Strange Luck, Dino Burgess in Side Effects, Kendrick in The Sentinel, British Agent Riddley in Two, Carl Nearman in Millennium, Elliot in Madison, and Douglas Freeman in The Right Connections.
- Follow JR Bourne on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by JR Bourne / Instagram