Ellen Kathleen Pompeo
The Pencil, Meredith (Due to her character of the same name in Grey’s Anatomy), Stracciatella (an ice-cream flavor)
Everett, Massachusetts, U.S.
Her educational background is not known.
Actress, film producer
- Father – Joseph E. Pompeo (Salesman) (Died – September 1, 2012)
- Mother – Kathleen B. (née O’Keefe)
- Siblings – Maureen Pompeo (Sister)
Ellen has five siblings – three sisters (including Maureen) and two brothers.
She is signed to John Carrabino Management.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Ellen Pompeo started dating music producer Chris Ivery in November 2003. After dating for nearly 4 years, the couple married on November 9, 2007. The New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg was the legal witness in the ceremony.
The couple has two children, both daughters – Stella Luna (born – September 2009), and Sienna May (born – August 2014). Sienna May was born via surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian, English, and Irish ancestry on her father’s side, while she is of Irish descent on her mother’s side.
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She did a voiceover for PeoplePC commercial.
In 2007, Ellen did another voice-over for Propel Fitness Water TV commercial.
In the late 90s, she appeared in a T-shirt and jeans guy’s girlfriend for a Citibank card commercial.
She has also appeared in State Farm commercial.
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Dr. Meredith Grey in the ABC’s medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy since 2005. She is also the narrator in the television show.
She appeared in the 1995 silent short film Do You Have the Time for her supporting role as a woman.
First TV Show
In 1996, she guest appeared in NBC’s police procedural and legal drama TV series Law & Order for her role as Jenna Weber in an episode titled “Savior.”
She prepares her healthy meals at home. On Sundays, Ellen makes everything in advance for salads like boiling eggs, chopping down beetroot, olives, lettuce, cilantro, parsley, etc. She keeps everything in a ziploc bag. And, during the week, whenever she makes salad, Ellen just use the material from that bag, and add dressing like beans, goat cheese to it and it is ready to consume.
She also works out regularly. Ellen sees her trainer three days in a week and works on increasing her endurance and muscle building.
Ellen Pompeo Favorite Things
- Splurges – Pizza, lasagna, salami, red wine
- Shop – Louis Boston
Ellen Pompeo Facts
- When Ellen was 4, she lost his mother due to painkiller overdose. This incident made her father to remarry.
- Ellen’s dad died on September 1, 2012.
- Before trying her luck in film industry, she had served drinks in Miami for more than two years as a waitress. It is speculated that she used to make sure that the cigarette machine doesn’t work in the bar and so, customers had to buy the packet from her. As the night got longer and people got drunk, she used to charge more and more to earn some extra bucks.
- Ellen was discovered while working at SoHo Bar & Grill in New York City.
- She suffers from asthma.
- Ellen was earning $7 million in 2011 and was named as the ninth highest paid television actress. In 2012, the earning reached to $9 million and hence she was named as eighth highest paid television actress.
- For Grey’s Anatomy, she was earning $350,000 per episode, as of 2013. Apart from this, she was earning millions from syndication.
- When young, she thought of becoming an archaeologist.
- She herself does not watch much television.
- Ellen had played the role of Naomi in the 2004 film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but the scenes were deleted from the final released version.
- Connect with Ellen Pompeo on Twitter, and Instagram.