|PewDiePie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1989|
PewDiePie is a Swedish YouTuber, comedian, video producer, content creator, actor, gamer, author, musician, and singer whose YouTube channel became the most-subscribed channel on YouTube on August 15, 2013, and the most-viewed channel on YouTube on December 29, 2014. Credited as one of the most prominent online personalities, Time magazine named him one of the “World’s 100 Most Influential People” in 2016. Moreover, his online competition with T-Series for the title of the most-subscribed channel on YouTube also led to a massive increase in his popularity.
Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg
PewDiePie, Pewds, PewDie, PooDiePie, Poods
Gothenburg, Västergötland and Bohuslän, Sweden
Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom
For high school education, Felix Kjellberg went to Göteborgs Högre Samskola in Gothenburg and graduated in 2008.
He subsequently joined the Chalmers University of Technology to pursue a degree in industrial economics and technology management. However, he left his studies in 2011 to work on his YouTube career.
YouTuber, Web-based Comedian, Video Producer, Content Creator, Actor, Gamer, Author, Musician, Singer
- Father – Ulf Christian Kjellberg (Chief Executive of a corporate company)
- Mother – Lotta Kristine Johanna (née Hellstrand) (Former CIO of KappAhl)
- Siblings – Fanny Kjellberg (Older Sister)
- Others – Leif Lennart Kjellberg (Paternal Grandfather), Ulla Dahl (Paternal Grandmother), Åke Arvid Hellstrand (Maternal Grandfather), Ingrid Vera Birgitta Johansson (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been represented by Pewdie Productions AB, Company, Stockholm, Sweden.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
He has claimed his height to be 5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm on Twitter.
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Felix Kjellberg has dated –
- Marzia Bisognin (2011-Present) – YouTubers Felix and Marzia’s love story started with Marzia’s friend Diazo watching PewDiePie videos and sending the funny ones to Marzia. Marzia found the videos incredibly funny and sent Felix a message telling him so. After these initial messages, they established regular communication over Facebook. By October 2011, they had started dating each other. Initially, Felix traveled to Italy on different occasions to spend time with Marzia. Then, she moved to Sweden to live with her new boyfriend. In 2012, Felix shifted to Sao Paolo to start a new life there with her. Eventually, they decided to settle down in Brighton, England. The couple got engaged in April 2018. In August 2019, they got married.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swedish origin.
- Prominent Nose
- High Forehead
In 2014, Felix and Marzia Bisognin signed an endorsement deal with Legendary Pictures for the promotional campaign of the movie, As Above, So Below (2014). For this particular marketing campaign, PewDiePie created YouTube miniseries that were termed as catacombs challenge.
In 2015, he signed a deal with Mountain Dew and created a fan-fiction for the marketing campaign.
His quotes were placed on the video game Dying Light posters by the game developer, Techland for marketing and promotion purposes.
Best Known For
- Creating the Let’s Play commentaries for his YouTube channel.
- His regular YouTube vlogs
He made his first film appearance in the short (2-minute long) comedy film Asdfmovie8 in 2014 for his voicing role as Lonely Guy / Magician.
In 2015, he appeared in his first action-adventure theatrical film Tomorrowland for his uncredited role as PewDiePie.
First TV Show
His first TV appearance came in the form of an interview in a 2-episode series on Sveriges Television in 2012.
PewDiePie Favorite Things
- Music Band – Radiohead
- Music Album – In Rainbows
- Video Game Character – Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS game)
- In September 2015, PewDiePie released his first video game PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist on iOS and Android.
- His second game PewDiePie’s Tuber Simulator was released in September 2016 on iOS and Android as a free app. Within days of its release, it was on the #1 spot in-app games.
- He has released 2 more games also titled PewDiePie’s Pixelings and Poopdie which offer in-app purchases and allows him to earn heavy net income with multiple micro-transactions.
- Felix settled down in England in July 2013 due to better internet connectivity and the chance to live with more anonymity.
- Felix Kjellberg has two pet dogs, Edgar and Maya. Maya has only one eye.
- He started a charity campaign to raise funds for Charity: Water. By the end of the campaign, he had managed to raise $446,462.
- In June 2014, he raised more than $630,000 for the charity Save the Children.
- In 2015, he took on games giant Nintendo for their new ad revenue-sharing model, in which vloggers would get half of the revenue for playing games.
- He refers to his viewers as “Bros.”
- His book named This Book Loves You was released on October 20, 2015. It later became New York Times Bestseller.
- He didn’t upload any video in the ‘Pewds Does Everything’ series due to a panic attack, which was induced because of a huge workload and not eating properly.
- After his parents refused to support his fledgling YouTube career, he took to working at a hot dog stand to raise funds for his work.
- PewDiePie’s other miscellaneous jobs include working as a captain at the harbor and doing menial work on the tennis court.
- In February 2019, PewDiePie’s Roblox account was wrongly banned due to a “negative” meme from December 2018, which included the word, “pewdie.” His account was later reinstated by the Roblox Staff.
- He won the 2019 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Gamer”.
- On December 7, 2020, PewDiePie bid goodbye to the Minecraft world ‘Bro Land’ and started playing in a new world by starting from scratch.
- In 2020, PewDiePie was ranked #1 in the annual list of TC Candler’s 100 most handsome faces. He had beaten several celebrities around the world including Taehyung a.k.a V from K-Pop group BTS.
- In January 2021, it was reported that PewDiePie was shifting his company PewDie UK Ltd from the United Kingdom to Cyprus so as to reduce his tax liability. At that time, the tax rate in Cyprus was 12.5% (approx 50% less than the UK) and in the UK, it was 19%.
- In the month of January 2021, he took a break from YouTube for a couple of weeks just for his mental health.
- When he returned to social media after his break in January 2021, he revealed that he would be streaming without turning on his front camera and instead would use an avatar. He followed the likes of DreamWasTaken and Corpse Husband who also stream on Twitch without showing their faces.
- He has stated that he is “more apolitical than anything” and that he was “somewhere in between” left-wing and right-wing.
- With Dutch YouTuber and record producer Party In Backyard, he has released songs like Bitch Lasagna, Mine All Day, and Rewind Time. Some of his other songs are Congratulations (with Roomie and Boyinaband) and Coco.
- In February 2021, his diss track on the Cocomelon channel was removed by YouTube on the grounds of cyberbullying and child safety.
- In March 2021, he was left behind by TikTok star Charli D’Amelio who had become the individual with the highest number of followers on a single platform with her fans reaching 109.4 million on TikTok.
- In March 2021, PewDiePie called social media star David Dobrik ‘shady’ and ‘weird’ after he got to know that David was involved in a non-consensual ‘kissing prank’ with Seth Francois and thus there were sexual assault allegations against David.
- With his wife Marzia Kjellberg, he co-owns a unisex clothing line called Tsuki.
- In November 2020, PewDiePie had started a company that manufactures and sells wearable offline gaming equipment.
- On April 29, 2021, PewDiePie achieved the milestone of 110 million YouTube subscribers and became the first-ever individual YouTube creator to achieve this feat.
- In June 2021, he went on a YouTube hiatus for a week reportedly for a summer vacation.
- In 2021, PewDiePie had donated over $1.5 million ($1,520,003 to be precise) to multiple charities which he had collected via his YouTube channel’s membership fee throughout 2020 and 2021.