|Charli D’Amelio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 2004|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Charli D’Amelio is an American TikTok Star, dancer, and social media influencer who became a viral sensation on the TikTok platform with her dance clips, montages, and lip-syncs. She had started her TikTok channel in June 2015 and has amassed more than 118 million followers on the platform, with the first 5 million followers coming within the first 3 months of starting the channel. She often collaborates with fellow TikTok stars Chase Hudson and Maximo Rivano. Charli is also popular on Instagram where she has more than 40 million followers.
Charli Grace D’Amelio
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Connecticut, United States
As of December 2019, Charli was a high school student.
TikTok Star, Social Media Influencer, Dancer, Published Author
- Father – Marc D’Amelio (Politician, Businessman)
- Mother – Heidi D’Amelio (Photographer, Social Media Personality)
- Siblings – Dixie D’Amelio (Older Sister) (Social Media Personality)
She self-manages her career.
Her current height is believed to be 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm.
In December 2019, she revealed her height via Twitter as 5 ft 3 in or 160 cm.
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlie has dated –
- Chase Hudson (xlilhuddy) (2019-2020)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Shoulder-length straight hair
- Freckled face
- Petite frame
- Has moles on her chin
Charli D’Amelio Favorite Things
- Role Model – Jennifer Lopez
- Dancers – Mackenzie Ziegler, Maddie Ziegler
- Dance Genres – Jazz, Contemporary
- Travel Destination – Las Vegas
- Music Genres – Rap, Country
- TV Show – American Horror Story
Charli D’Amelio Facts
- She began taking dance lessons very early on from the age of 3 and started to compete in dance events from the age of 5. As of December 2019, her dream was to pursue a career as a professional dancer and it is one of her stated goals to perform at concerts or in music videos for Jennifer Lopez and Lady Gaga.
- In November 2019, Charli performed during the acts of the musicians Bebe Rexha and The Jonas Brothers as part of the Happiness Begins Tour in New York. Bebe had sent her a private message on Instagram to invite her for the performance.
- Charli faced a lot of backlash after announcing her first meet-and-greet event in Norwalk, Connecticut, in November 2019. The tickets for the event were priced as high as USD 100 per head, and the extravagant fees caused a lot of storm on social media, especially from teenage girls.
- Some TikTok users even pointed out the fact that a front-row seat at a Billie Eilish concert would only cost USD 90. Charli later clarified that all the proceeds from the event, except for the money spent on security, had gone to a local charity that raises funds to support people with special needs.
- She posted her first YouTube video in November 2019 and it was a vlog about her meet-and-greet event. The video had amassed more than 3.5 million views within a month and had fetched her more than 350k subscribers.
- In an interview, she has stated that she is slightly confused with her sudden rise to fame and finds it difficult to put a finger on the exact reasons for her popularity and why fans hype her up so much.
- She is more popular among teenage boys and it resulted in a trend where boys perform a duet with her and then look surprised.
- In another interview, she mentioned that the negativity of the online world often overwhelms her. She has often noticed her classmates recording her in school and sharing the clips on Snapchat group chats and stories to mock her which has led her to be self-conscious and insecure.
- She started uploading dance clips on TikTok in the summer of 2019.
- In 2020, she was included in the Guinness Book of World Records 2021 for the most number of followers on TikTok. By April 30, 2020, she had over 52 million TikTok followers (highest by any person on the TikTok platform).
- In September 2020, Charli partnered with Step.com to help teenagers with money management and banking. Later in the year, she also invested money in the teen mobile banking startup, Step. This was the first time Charli invested money in a startup that is also backed by celebs like Justin Timberlake, The Chainsmokers, Eli Manning, Kelvin Beachum, and many others.
- In 2020, as per Forbes, she was the 2nd highest-paid TikTok star with $4 million in annual earnings. Addison Rae had topped that list.
- In November 2020, Charli lost a couple of hundreds of thousands of followers on TikTok due to the treatment she and her family gave to their chef Aaron May in a video with her family members including mom, dad, and sister Dixie, titled Dinner With the D’Amelios.
- In November 2020, Charli D’Amelio became the first TikTok star to reach 100 million followers. She was 16 at that time.
- She was accused of buying followers after she crossed the 100 million follower mark on TikTok. However, she denied all such claims in her podcast Charli and Dixie: 2 Chix.
- Charli released her first book titled Essentially Charli: The Ultimate Guide To Keeping It Real in December 2020. It was written by a ghostwriter.
- Charli was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of social media stars.
- In December 2020, Charli and Dixie D’Amelio released oversized tee-shirts in collaboration with Hollister (Abercrombie & Fitch Co).
- Further in collaboration with Hollister, in May 2021, the sister duo Charli and Dixie released a new clothing brand Social Tourist.
- She has her own podcast started with her sister Dixie named ‘Charli and Dixie: 2 Chix’.
- On December 5, 2020, she had hosted the virtual Zoom webinar (about her new book) for her fans who had purchased her book and then the tickets to that webinar for $22. However, many fans complained that they were unable to join the Zoom webinar.
- Charli was the most viewed TikTok creator of 2020 on the TikTok app with 51.2 billion views.
- She used to have panic attacks in the 3rd grade.
- Charli was Forbes magazine’s Social Media Person of the Year 2020.
- In December 2020, Charli and her family pledged to donate $300,000 to the fans which they had won through MrBeast’s Creator Games in October 2020. They had donated $10,000 daily from January 1, 2021, till January 30, 2021, to The D’Amelio Family‘s YouTube channel’s subscribers.
- In January 2021, Charli and Dixie revealed via their podcast episode that they don’t like Instagram tea pages (tea pages are those which keep their userbase updated with what’s happening in their favorite celebrities’ lives).
- In 2021, she mistakenly thought a hashtag #HereForCharli was for her whereas it was created for Charli XCX after the tragic death of her friend and collaborator, Sophie.
- In September 2020, Charli had teamed up with Dunkin’ Donuts to create a drink named, The Charli. The limited-edition drink was a cold brew one with whole milk and 3 pumps of caramel.
- As of 2020, her net worth was estimated at $4 million.
- In February 2021, Charli joined hands with Dunkin’ Donuts for the second time to create a new signature drink The Charli Cold Foam. The drink would be a Dunkin’ Cold Brew with 3 pumps of caramel, with Sweet Cold Foam, and cinnamon sugar on top.
- She was also included in the 2021 Time 100 Next list. Charli was the youngest person on the list at only 16.
- Charli and Dixie once made an undisclosed amount of money to meet with the kids of a family.
- In March 2021, Charli launched an exclusive pack of 5 new bracelet designs with Pura Vida.
- In March 2021, Charli D’Amelio became the individual with the highest number of social media followers on any single platform with the number reaching 109.4 million on TikTok. She had overtaken PewDiePie who held the same record earlier.
- In March 2021, she won the “Favorite Female Social Star” award at the Kids’ Choice Awards.
- In April 2021, Charli and Dixie had presented the belt to Jake Paul after he had won the fight against Ben Askren at the Triller Fight Club event.
- In April 2021, Charli and Dixie launched a new business together. In partnership with a bedding company, they launched their own custom-designed mattress targeted towards young adults and teens. The mattress was made of 2 inches of gel memory foam along with the motion separation layer.
- In May 2021, Charli revealed that it was difficult to enjoy TikTok fame with constant negativity from haters. Moreover, she had lost her friends as everyone was trying to beat each other on TikTok. Hence, she didn’t like the app anymore.
- In June 2021, Charli and Dixie had announced the launch of the TikTok cartoon show with the 2 characters, Squeaky and Roy that were developed by Invisible Universe.
Featured Image by Charli D’Amelio / Instagram