|Ryan Tedder Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1979|
Ryan Tedder is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer known as the lead vocalist of the pop-rock band OneRepublic. Formed in 2002, OneRepublic has released several albums and songs including Dreaming Out Loud, Native, Oh My My, Human, Waking Up, All the Right Moves, Stop and Stare, Counting Stars, Good Life, Marchin On, Something I Need, Let’s Hurt Tonight, Rescue Me, and Love Runs Out. In addition to that, Ryan Tedder has also worked as a solo artist and has served as a songwriter and producer for various artists including Adele, Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Jennifer Lopez, Camila Cabello, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, MØ, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Logic, Paul McCartney, Blackpink, and Twice. Billboard named Ryan Tedder “The Undercover King of Pop” and featured him on the magazine’s cover in 2014.
Ryan Benjamin Tedder
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
In his senior year of high school, Ryan studied at the Colorado Springs Christian School.
He then got enrolled at the Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and Advertising.
Musician, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Garry Tedder (Musician)
- Mother – Marlene Cunningham (School Teacher)
- Others – Adam Clark (Third Cousin), Ashley Clark (Third Cousin), Austin Clark (Third Cousin), Lawrence Edwin Tedder (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys (Paternal Grandmother), Cornelius Benjamin Watrous (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Esther Crandall (Maternal Grandmother)
Ryan Tedder’s band One Republic has been represented by Creative Artists Agency. (via Twitter)
Pop rock, pop, alternative rock, R&B
Vocals, bass, drum, guitar, keyboards, percussion, piano, synthesizer
Columbia Records, Interscope Records, Patriot Records
His net worth had been $145 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Tedder has dated –
- Genevieve Tedder (2007-Present) – Ryan Tedder started dating and got married to Genevieve Tedder in 2007. On August 2, 2010, they welcomed their first son, Copeland Cruz Tedder. Then, in September 2014, Genevieve gave birth to their son Miles Tedder.
Race / Ethnicity
Ryan Tedder is of English, small amounts of German and Scottish, and distant Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
Mole mark on the left side of his nose
In 2012, Ryan Tedder lent his audio for the Dr. Pepper commercial.
Best Known For
Being a lead vocalist of the pop-rock band OneRepublic
Ryan released his debut studio album Dreaming Out Loud with OneRepublic in November 2007 which got mixed reviews from the critics.
Tedder made his film debut with an appearance in the short documentary Sunday Dreamer in 2007.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 2007 in the music reality show So You Think You Can Dance as himself.
Ryan Tedder loves running and it helps him remain fit. In an interview with GQ magazine, he revealed that he has been running from the late 1990s (more than 2 decades) and rarely misses out on it. However, he isn’t a fan of running for long distances and has never run more than 10 km.
In case, he is traveling or it is snowing outside, he likes to perform the Insanity Fit Test routine. In this workout, only bodyweight exercises are done. It follows the max interval training method, which dictates that the rest in between exercise intervals is minimum, around 30 seconds for a three-minute exercise. These sessions incorporate running, yoga, and stretching apart from bodyweight exercises.
Ryan Tedder Favorite Things
- Vehicle – Williams FJ44
- TV Shows – House of Cards, Homeland, Bloodline, The Killing (2011-2014), Modern Family
- Songs – Wonderwall by Oasis, Freedom by George Michael, Mysterious Ways by U2
- Singer – Stevie Wonder
- NFL Team – Denver Broncos
- Movie – The Goonies (1985), Snow White (1937)
- Carbonated Beverage – Tru-blood
- One Republic Song – Everybody Loves Me
- Food – Sushi, Pizza
- Band – U2 (Besides One Republic)
- Superhero – Lego Batman
- Actors – Daniel Day-Lewis, Ben Mendelsohn, Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges
- Actress – Emma Stone
- All-Time Favorite Horror Movie – Candyman (1992)
- Cafeteria – Ink! Coffee in Denver, Kings Road Cafe in Los Angeles
Ryan Tedder Facts
- Ryan Tedder has the Latin phrase ‘pari passu’ tattooed on his ankle. In English, it translates to ‘with equal step.’
- On his forearm, he has got the sun and other Japanese characters tattooed, which in English translates to God gives & God takes. He got his tattoo in Osaka, while on a music tour.
- Tedder has founded his own record label named, Patriot Records.
- In 2011, Tedder along with his One Republic bandmates donated $10,000 for the East African famine cure.
- He has a stake in Justin Timberlake‘s Southern Hospitality restaurant opened at the Second Avenue in Manhattan in 2007.
- In October 2012, he again joined hands with Justin Timberlake to start a restaurant in St. Elmo Hotel in Ouray, Colorado.
- In August 2011, Tedder was announced as the first franchise owner of the Southern Hospitality BBQ brand with plans for franchises in 10 other cities.
- He learned to play piano at the age of 3 because he was bored and used to spend lots of hours singing and playing the piano.
- Ryan used to work as a waiter at the Hideaway pizza at the age of 18. He has also worked at a golf country club.
- He doesn’t like when fans approach him while eating out with his family.
- In January 2017, he appeared as Mick Bronson in an episode titled Don’t Stop Believin of the musical-comedy television series School of Rock.
- OneRepublic released its 5th studio album titled Human on August 27, 2021, via Mosley Music Group and Interscope Records. It peaked at number #1 on the Swiss Albums (Romandy) chart and at number #11 on the US Billboard 200 chart as well as was certified ‘Gold’ in Switzerland.
- Follow Ryan Tedder on Twitter. He posted his first tweet on Twitter on January 20, 2017.