|Singer MØ Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1988|
Karen Marie Aagaard Ørsted Andersen
Karen Marie Ørsted, MØ (Mü, Moe, Moo)
- Father – Frank Ørsted (Psychologist)
- Mother – Mette Ørsted (Teacher)
- Siblings – Kaspar Ørsted (Older Brother) (Doctor)
MØ is signed with Sony Music Entertainment
Electronic, indie pop, R&B, soul, alternative dance, dancehall, reggae, pop
- Chess Club
- RCA Victor
5 ft 7½ in or 172 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Changing her hairstyle very often
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
Best Known For
MØ’s first studio album was released on March 7, 2014, by the name of No Mythologies to Follow. Karen’s debut album consists of 12 tracks with a total running time of 43 minutes and 59 seconds.
First TV Show
In 2013, Karen appeared in the TV series Aftenshowet as herself.
- Her name MØ is pronounced as “Mooh”.
- She first showed interest in music at the age of 7 when she listened to Spice Girls.
- When MØ was a teenager, she listened to Black Flag, Smashing Pumpkins, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nirvana and Sonic Youth.
- The American musician and songwriter Kim Althea Gordon who served as the vocalist, bassist, and guitarist for the alternative rock group Sonic Youth was MØ’s role model and superhero during her teen days.
- Many times, she has been compared with electro-pop artists such as Twin Shadow and Grimes.
- In Danish, “MØ” means “maiden” or “virgin”.
- In the period from 2007 until 2012, Karen performed as a duo with her friend Josefine Struckmann Pedersen. They went by the name MOR.
- On January 14, 2013, Karen presented her first official single “Glass”.
- On March 27, 2013, MØ had her first official TV performance at the Danish P3 Guld Awards.
- Her music has been characterized as “electro music with guts”.
- The British music journalism magazine New Musical Express (NME) described MØ’s music style as a cross between Jane Jackson and Siouxsie Sioux.
- Visit her official website @ momomoyouth.com.