|Singer MØ Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1988|
MØ is a Danish singer and songwriter who achieved her first commercially successful solo single with 2016’s Final Song. Her discography also includes albums, extended plays, and tracks such as No Mythologies to Follow, Forever Neverland, Kamikaze, Motordrome, When I Was Young, Bikini Daze, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, New Moon, Glass, Nights with You, Waste of Time, Pilgrim, Don’t Wanna Dance, XXX 88 (ft. Diplo), Say You’ll Be There, Walk This Way, Drum, When I Was Young, Kindness, Imaginary Friend, Way Down, Live to Survive, and On & On.
Karen Marie Aagaard Ørsted Andersen
Karen Marie Ørsted, MØ (Mü, Moe, Moo)
Ubberud, Odense, Denmark
- Father – Frank Ørsted (Psychologist)
- Mother – Mette Ørsted (Teacher)
- Siblings – Kaspar Ørsted (Older Brother) (Doctor)
MØ has been signed with Sony Music Entertainment.
Electronic, indie pop, R&B, soul, alternative dance, dancehall, reggae, pop, electropop, synth-pop
- Chess Club
- RCA Victor
- Sony Music
- Columbia Records
5 ft 7½ in or 172 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Danish descent.
- Changing her hairstyle very often
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
11 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Her dressing style, and for her collaborative songs Beg for It (2014) with Iggy Azalea and Lean On (2015) with Major Lazer and DJ Snake.
MØ’s first studio album was released on March 7, 2014, by the name of No Mythologies to Follow. Karen’s debut album consists of 12 tracks with a total running time of 43 minutes and 59 seconds.
First TV Show
In 2013, Karen appeared in the TV series Aftenshowet as herself.
- Her name MØ is pronounced as “Mooh”.
- She first showed interest in music at the age of 7 when she listened to Spice Girls.
- When MØ was a teenager, she listened to Black Flag, Smashing Pumpkins, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nirvana, and Sonic Youth.
- The American musician and songwriter Kim Althea Gordon who served as the vocalist, bassist, and guitarist for the alternative rock group Sonic Youth was MØ’s role model and superhero during her teen days.
- Many times, she has been compared with electro-pop artists such as Twin Shadow and Grimes.
- In Danish, “MØ” means “maiden” or “virgin”.
- In the period from 2007 until 2012, Karen performed as a duo with her friend Josefine Struckmann Pedersen. They went by the name MOR.
- On January 14, 2013, Karen presented her first official single “Glass”.
- On March 27, 2013, MØ had her first official TV performance at the Danish P3 Guld Awards.
- Her music has been characterized as “electro music with guts”.
- The British music journalism magazine New Musical Express (NME) described MØ’s music style as a cross between Jane Jackson and Siouxsie Sioux.
- On October 19, 2018, she released her 2nd studio album titled Forever Neverland and Billboard included it on the “20 Best Album Covers of 2018” list. It included songs like Beautiful Wreck, Blur, Nostalgia, Sun in Our Eyes (with Diplo), I Want You, Way Down, If It’s Over (ft. Charli XCX), Purple Like the Summer Rain, Imaginary Friend, and Trying to Be Good.
- Her 3rd album titled Motordrome was released on January 28, 2022, via Columbia Records and it debuted at number #9 on the Danish Albums (Hitlisten) chart.
- Visit her official website @ momomoyouth.com.