|Rachel Platten Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1981|
Rachel Platten is an American singer, songwriter, and author. She has released several albums and tracks like Trust in Me, Waves, Be Here, Wildfire, Fight Song, Stand by You, You Belong, Broken Glass, Soldiers, and Better Place. Rachel Platten has also been a part of shows such as Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Talk, Megyn Kelly Today, The X Factor, American Idol, and Lip Sync Battle.
Rachel Ashley Platten
New York City, New York, United States
Rachel attended Buckingham Browne and Nichols School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
In 2003, she graduated from Trinity College with an international relations degree.
Singer, Songwriter, Author
- Father – Paul Platten
- Mother – Pamela Platten
- Siblings – Melanie (Younger Sister)
- Others – Sumner M. Platten (Paternal Grandfather), Milton Jabush (Maternal Grandfather), Bobbie/Bobbi Meese Henry (Maternal Grandmother)
Rachel Platten’s career has been managed by –
- Ben Singer of SMG entertainment
- Jbeau Lewis of United Talent Agency
Vocals, piano, guitar, keyboards, marimba, vibraphone
Columbia Records, Rock Ridge Music, RCA Records
Her net worth had been $9 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel has dated –
- Kevin Lazan (2010-Present) – In a Jewish ceremony, Rachel married Kevin Lazan on July 31, 2010. The couple welcomed a daughter named Violet Skye on January 26, 2019. In April 2021, they announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. Rachel gave birth to a baby girl named Sophie Jo Lazan on September 9, 2021. After the birth of Sophie, Rachel started suffering from postpartum anxiety.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel Platten is of Ashkenazi Jewish, English, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Dutch, and French descent.
34-25-33 in or 86-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has served as the ambassador for the charity, Music Unites.
Her songs have been included in the commercials. For instance, her “Odds” song was included in the 2015 Ford Edge TV commercial.
Best Known For
Her single “Fight Song” which she released in 2015. It went 2x Platinum in the United States.
Rachel released her debut album Trust in Me in 2003. It was a collection of demos.
Her second album Be Here was released in April 2011 via Rock Ridge Music (independent record label).
First TV Show
In 2012, Rachel worked as a composer in the TV series Jane by Design in 18 episodes.
She is a big foodie but eats healthy most of the time. On being asked about a meal, which she could have at that instant of time, she replied with a kale salad with organic veggies.
Rachel Platten Favorite Things
- Shoes – Black motorcycle boots
- Movie – Legally Blonde (2001)
- Skin Care Product – Oil-free tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier
Source – SweetyHigh
Rachel Platten Facts
- Rachel’s career started professionally in 2003.
- She cites Gwen Stefani as her musical influencer.
- At 5, she started learning classical piano.
- When Rachel was in high school, she started taking guitar lessons.
- She was a part of her high school’s singing group. Later, Rachel joined her college’s all-female a cappella group called Trinitones. She even went to Trinidad for an internship at a record label.
- In 2002, in front of 80,000 people, she sang backup vocals for a friend’s band at International Soca Monarch.
- She is afraid of scary and ghost-related movies.
- Malala Yousafzai is her female icon.
- She can do a handstand.
- She sometimes wears a black hat to cover up her bad hair.
- She has performed a duet with Taylor Swift during a Philadelphia concert in 2015.
- On January 1, 2016, she released her 3rd studio album Wildfire through Columbia Records and Sony Music Entertainment. It was her first major record label debut album and included songs like Hey Hey Hallelujah (ft. Andy Grammer), You Don’t Know My Heart, Superman, Stand by You, Fight Song, Better Place, and Angels in Chelsea.
- Wildfire peaked at number #2 on the US Billboard 200 chart, at number #6 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #35 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Her 4th studio album Waves was released on October 27, 2017, and it was ranked at number #73 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Visit her official website @ rachelplatten.com.