Rachel Ashley Platten
Newton Centre, Massachusetts, U.S.
Rachel attended Buckingham Browne and Nichols School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
In 2003, she graduated from Trinity College in international relations degree.
- Father – Paul Platten
- Mother – Pamela Platten
- Siblings – Unknown
Rachel Platten’s career is managed by –
- Ben Singer of SMG entertainment
- Jbeau Lewis of United Talent Agency
Vocals, piano, guitar
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel has dated –
- Kevin Lazan (2010-Present) – In a Jewish ceremony, Rachel married Kevin Lazan on July 31, 2010. The couple welcomed a daughter named Violet Skye on January 26, 2019. In April 2021, they announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. Rachel gave birth to a baby girl named Sophie Jo Lazan on September 9, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
34-25-33 in or 86-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has served as the ambassador for the charity, Music Unites.
Her songs have been included in the commercials. For instance, her “Odds” song was included in the 2015 Ford Edge TV commercial.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Her single “Fight Song” which she released in 2015. It went 2x Platinum in United States.
Rachel released her debut album Trust in Me in 2003. It was a collection of demos.
Her second album Be Here was released in April 2011 via Rock Ridge Music (independent record label).
She has not appeared in any of the movies.
First TV Show
In 2012, Rachel worked as a composer in the TV series Jane by Design in 18 episodes.
In 2014, Platten performed in a episode Pretty Little Liars and Annie.
She is a big foodie, but eats healthy most of the time. On being asked about a meal, which she could had at that instant of time, she replied with kale salad with organic veggies.
Rachel Platten Favorite Things
- Shoes – Black motorcycle boots
- Movie – Legally Blonde (2001)
- Skin Care Product – Oil free tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier
Source – SweetyHigh
Rachel Platten Facts
- Rachel’s career started professionally in 2003.
- She cites Gwen Stefani as her musical influencer.
- At 5, she started learning classical piano.
- When Rachel was in high school, she started taking guitar lessons.
- She was a part of her high school’s singing group. Later, Rachel joined her college’s all female a cappella group called Trinitones. She even went to Trinidad for an internship at a record label.
- In 2002, in front of 80,000 people, she sang backup vocals for a friend’s band at International Soca Monarch.
- She is afraid of scary and ghost related movies.
- Malala Yousafzai is her female icon.
- She can do handstand.
- She sometimes wear black hat to cover up her bad hair.
- She has performed duet with Taylor Swift during Philadelphia concert in 2015.
- Visit her official website @ rachelplatten.com.
- Connect with Rachel on Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, and iTunes.