|Andy Grammer Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1983|
Andy Grammer is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who’s signed to S-Curve Records. Andy, whose songs are making rounds on numerous music charts, also shares his music on his self-titled YouTube channel for his fans to watch and enjoy.
Andrew Charles Grammer
Los Angeles, California, United States
He graduated from Monroe-Woodbury High School. He went to California State University where he took up B.A. in music industry studies and graduated in 2007.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Robert Crane “Red” Grammer
- Mother – Kathryn Willoughby
- Others – Kelsey Grammer (Third Cousin), Greer Grammer (Third Cousin), Allen Halstead Grammer (Paternal Grandfather), Katharine Jane Krom (Paternal Grandmother), David John Willoughby (Maternal Grandfather), Florence L. (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by SMG Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Nashville, United States.
Pop Rock, Soul, Pop, Country Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andy Grammer has dated –
- Aijia Grammer (2012-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, Swedish, Irish, and Dutch ancestry.
Andy Grammer Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
- TV Show – Family Guy
- Food – Pizza, Nutella
Source – BuzzFeed
Andy Grammer Facts
- On top of his successful career in the music industry, he has a strong social media fanbase with his YouTube channel amassing more than 750k subscribers, his Instagram with more than 400k followers, and Twitter with more than 200k followers.
- When he was young, he learned to play the trumpet, guitar, and piano.
- He started writing songs at the age of 15.
- Before fame, he used to be a busker at Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. He was scouted by his manager Ben Singer in July 2009 and in April 2010, he had officially signed with S-Curve Records.
- Some of his most popular songs include Honey, I’m Good, Keep Your Head Up, Fine by Me, Lunatic, Ladies, Fresh Eyes, Biggest Man in L.A, Numbers, Couple More Sleeves, Fireflies, Stepping Stone, and The Pocket.
- His debut video Keep Your Head Up featuring actor Rainn Wilson had been awarded as “iTunes Video of the Week” in 2010 and won MTV’s “O Music Awards” for the most innovative video on April 25, 2011. Grammer performed the same song on The Rachael Ray Show on November 17, 2010. The song debuted at no. 94 in Billboard Hot 100 and the album sales for the first week earned him the no. 1 spot on Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart.
- In January 2011, he was named an “Artist to Watch” by Billboard magazine.
- His tastes in music are greatly influenced by guitar players Jason Mraz, John Mayer, and Jack Johnson, modern pianists like Coldplay, The Fray, One Republic, and hip-hop vocalists Common, Lauryn Hill, Jay-Z, and Kanye West.
- His self-titled debut album Andy Grammer was released on June 14, 2011. It was produced by Matt Wallace from Maroon 5, Matt Radosevich, Dave Katz, and Sam Hollander of Gym Class Heroes.
- Grammer’s song Honey, I’m Good turned out to be one of his biggest singles, placing at no. 9 on Billboard Hot 100. It was also a certified “triple-platinum” by the RIAA.
- On August 31, 2015, Grammer was announced as one of the celebrities to compete on the 21st season of Dancing with the Stars. He and partner Allison Holker were eliminated on Week 8 and finished in 7th place.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0