|Mikolas Josef Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1995|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Mikolas Josef is a Czech singer, songwriter, music producer, music video director, and choreographer who is best known for producing chart-topping songs such as Free (2016), Believe (Hey Hey) (2016), Lie to Me (2017), Me Gusta (2018), Abu Dhabi (2019), Acapella (2019), and Lalalalalalalalalala (2020). He had represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, competing with the song Lie to Me. He had ended up 6th overall in the competition and as of February 2021, was his country’s most successful entrant in the competition’s history.
Mikoláš Josef Čapoun
Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic
Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic
Mikolas, between 2006 and 2008, had studied at an art school, majoring in playing the guitar, which he was not able to finish. He continued his studies at a grammar school where he had received an ‘E’ in a music class.
He eventually graduated, in 2015, from The English College in Prague, a selective Czech-British grammar school. 3 years before this, he had been awarded a ‘Gold’ medal for solo acting by the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. However, he chose not to pursue that course.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer, Music Video Director, Choreographer
- Father – His father is an English teacher.
- Mother – His mother is an English teacher.
- Siblings – Karel (Brother)
- Others – Martina (Older Half-Sister)
Pop, House, Folk, Hip Hop, R&B
- Sony Music
- RCA Records
- Vivienne Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mikolas has dated –
- Mariana Degener
- Diana Ganova
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Czech, Moravian, Austrian, German and Italian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Has tattoos on his left wrist, neck, and back
- Clean-shaven look
Mikolas Josef Facts
- Born into a family that harbored musical interests, Mikolas had started playing the guitar from the age of 5.
- During his college days, he began auditioning for modeling jobs and was involved in several fashion shows. He had also shot features for major brands such as Diesel, Replay, and Prada. It was looking like a promising career for him but he chose not to pursue it further as he disagreed with the modeling industry’s practices at that time.
- After leaving modeling, he traveled to several major European cities such as Prague, Oslo, Zurich, Hamburg, and Vienna. He used to make his living there through busking, a practice of performing music on streets and in public places, in return for gratuities. He has often credited these experiences to his development as a musician.
- During this time, he also used to work as a cleaner at a recording studio so that he could produce his own music there once a month.
- In 2018, he had been featured in a Forbes magazine selection of ’18 inspiring people of 2018′.
- In 2019 he and his family had established their own independent record label, Vivienne Records.
- Later that year, he had turned down an offer to become a coach in Hlas Cesko Slovenska, a joint Czech and Slovak version of The Voice.
Featured Image by Mikolas Josef / Instagram