OneRepublic is an American group that was formed by friends Ryan Tedder and Zach Filkins in Colorado Springs in 2002. Their popularity grew exponentially with the success of songs like Apologize, Counting Stars, Stop and Stare, Better Days, Good Life, Love Runs Out, All the Right Moves, etc. As of October 2020, OneRepublic has sold more than 16 million albums worldwide since its inception.
- Ryan Tedder – Lead Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Percussion, Bass, Drums, Synthesizer (2002–Present)
- Zach Filkins – Guitar, Backing Vocals, Drums, Viola (2002–Present)
- Drew Brown – Guitar, Backing Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Cello, Percussion (2004–Present)
- Eddie Fisher – Guitar, Piano, Drums, Percussion (2005–Present)
- Brent Kutzle – Backing Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Bass, Cello, Percussion (2007–Present)
- Brian Willett – Backing Vocals, Keyboards, Drums, Percussion, Analog Synthesizer (2012–Present)
- Jerrod Bettis – Drums, Percussion (2002–2005)
- Tim Myers – Bass, Guitar (2002–2007)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
- Columbia Records
- Mosley Music Group
- Interscope Records
- Their acclaimed debut album, Dreaming Out Loud (2007) included popular tracks like Apologize, Stop and Stare, Say (All I Need), and was certified ‘gold’ by the RIAA.
- The band’s 2nd album Waking Up (2009) reached #7 on Billboard’s US Top Rock Albums charts.
- OneRepublic released their 3rd album called Native in 2013. The album’s smash-hit song, Counting Stars was certified ‘diamond’ by the RIAA. In November 2015, Counting Stars became the first music video by a band to generate 1 billion views on YouTube.
- Oh My My (2016), their 4th studio album debuted at #3 on the US Billboard 200 charts.
- The band was initially called ‘Republic’, but was changed to ‘OneRepublic’ due to trademark issues.
- Ryan has produced Grammy Award-winning albums like 1989 for Taylor Swift, and 21 and 25 for Adele.
- The band’s breakout hit Apologize was ranked as the 50th best ‘Hot 100’s All-Time Top Songs’ by Billboard in 2018.
- OneRepublic had gained significant traction on Myspace as an unsigned act before the release of their debut album.
- The band’s musical influences are as diverse as Prince, U2, the Beatles, M83, and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- The group’s songs have featured in popular TV shows such as 13 Reasons Why, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, etc.
Featured Image by OneRepublic / Instagram