|Bonnie Tyler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1951|
Bonnie Tyler is a Welsh singer who rose to acclaim with the release of her album The World Starts Tonight in 1977. Known for her distinct husky voice, she has also released multiple other albums including Natural Force, Bitterblue, Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire, Faster Than the Speed of Night, Heart Strings (also known as Heart & Soul), Diamond Cut, Hide Your Heart (also known as Notes From America), Goodbye to the Island, Rocks and Honey, Angel Heart, Simply Believe, Wings (also known as Celebrate), Free Spirit, Between the Earth and the Stars, Silhouette in Red, The Best Is Yet to Come, and All in One Voice. Moreover, her work has earned her at least 3 Grammy Award nominations and 3 Brit Award nominations while the artist was also presented with the Gold Badge Award by the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors (BASCA) in 2013.
Bonnie Tyler, Gaynor Sullivan, Sherene Davis
Skewen, Neath, Wales
Bonnie decided to quit school to focus on her music career.
- Father – David Glyndwr Hopkins
- Mother – Elsie Hopkins
- Siblings – Marlene (Sister), Angela (Sister), Avis (Sister), Lynn (Brother), Paul (Brother)
- Others – Thomas Hopkins (Paternal Grandfather), Catherine Rees (Paternal Grandmother), David John Lewis (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy May Parish (Maternal Grandmother)
Matt Davis has managed Bonnie Tyler.
Rock, Country, Pop, Soft Rock
- RCA Records
- Columbia Records
- Hansa Records
- EastWest Records
- Stick Music
- Celtic Swan Recordings
Her net worth had been $30 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bonnie Tyler has dated –
- Robert Sullivan (1969–Present) – Sullivan, a former Olympic athlete and property developer, began dating rock star Bonnie in 1969. When Bonnie was 22, the couple got hitched on July 2, 1973. In 2016, the couple suffered a major setback when Meghann Pernot, one of Bonnie’s biggest fans said that she and multi-millionaire Robert Sullivan, cheated on Bonnie for 18 months including weekly s*x in the hotels. Soon Meghann felt guilty and confessed to Bonnie. But neither Bonnie nor Robert commented on this issue, and the couple remained very much together. Bonnie, in earlier interviews, had admitted that both were unfaithful when they were young. The couple has been going strong for the last 48 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Bonnie has Welsh ancestry and traces of English lineage.
- Her husky singing voice
- Bonnie’s blue eyes
Bonnie Tyler has endorsed the following brands
Bonnie follows Christianity and belongs to the Protestant community.
Best Known For
Her vocals for the song Total Eclipse of the Heart which was released in 1983. It sold almost 6 million copies as per BBC reports.
Bonnie released her first studio album called The World Starts Tonight in 1977.
First TV Show
Bonnie made her first television show appearance as herself on the musical series Hits à gogo in 1977.
Bonnie revealed that the secret to her young and flawless skin is Botox. While other celebrities are usually shy and deny having undergone Botox treatments, the Welsh beauty openly admitted to having enhanced her face with Botox to keep her fine lines and wrinkles hidden.
Bonnie also tried acupuncture to lose weight, however, she was also following a diet at the same time so the weight loss might have been triggered due to the diet.
Bonnie admits to having adopted the Atkins diet, but she put on all the weight she had lost later when she stopped the diet. She also adopted the LighterLife diet and managed to lose weight. She also consumes LighterLife Lite soups when she is on a tour and hence does not have to worry about sticking to the diet.
Bonnie accounts her good health to ample sleep. She sleeps for about 10 hours a day.
Bonnie Tyler Favorite Things
- Song – River Deep-Mountain High
- Song from “Eurovision” – All I Ever Wanted
Source – Wikipedia, Female First
Bonnie Tyler Facts
- Her album Faster Than The Speed Of Night entered the UK charts at #1, making Tyler the first female singer to do so. She was also the first-ever Welsh artist to top the U.S. charts.
- Total Eclipse Of The Heart gets a bump in streaming, every time there is an actual eclipse.
- She suffered a miscarriage in 1990 and could not conceive after that.
- She was awarded as the Best International Female Vocalist at the Echo Awards in 1993.
- Her husband is related to Catherine Zeta-Jones. Bonnie was also in attendance at Catherine’s wedding with Michael Douglas.
- She performed the hymn All Things Bright and Beautiful as a kid in a chapel, which was considered to be her first performance.
- After she decided to leave school, her first job was at a grocery shop.
- While being young, she was exposed to various genres and artists such as Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, and The Beatles because of her sibling’s music preferences.
- Even though she is Welsh, she does not know how to speak the language.
- She belonged to a very religious family and visited church three times on a Sunday.
- She along with her siblings resided in a council house with 4 bedrooms.
- Her mother passed away due to Alzheimer’s.
- On February 26, 2021, she released her 18th studio album titled The Best Is Yet to Come and it includes songs like Dreams Are Not Enough, Catch the Wind, The Best Is Yet to Come, When the Lights Go Down, Hungry Hearts, I’m Only Guilty (Of Loving You), I’m Not in Love, and Stuck to My Guns. The album peaked at number #9 on the UK Independent Albums (OCC) chart and at number #28 on the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart.
- She’s a philanthropist and has supported various charitable organizations such as Ferry Aid, Rock Against Repatriation, Children in Need, and Animal Charity Association.
- She has 5 godchildren, 16 nieces and nephews, and 12 great-nieces and nephews.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0 DE