Katherine Marie Heigl (Last Name Pronounced as – HI guhl)
Katie, Isabel / Izzie
Washington, D.C., USA
Katherine attended New Canaan High School in Connecticut, but dropped out after her sophomore year so as to better focus on her acting and modeling work. In 1997, she graduated from high school.
Actress, film producer
- Father – Paul Heigl (Financial executive and accountant)
- Mother – Nancy (née Engelhardt) (Personnel Manager)
- Siblings – Meg Heigl (Older Sister), Jason Heigl (deceased) (Older Brother), and Holt Heigl (Older Brother)
- Others – Charles Kelley (Brother-in-law) (Singer)
As a child model, she was signed to Wilhelmina Models.
She was also signed to United Talent Agency, and Elite Modeling Agency.
Later, in later 1990s, her mom became her manager.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine Heigl dated –
- Joseph Lawrence (1995-1999) – From 1995 to 1999, Katherine and actor Joseph were an item.
- Jason Behr (1999-2002) – In October 1999, Katherine started dating actor Jason Behr after him on the set of sci-fi TV series Roswell. She also engaged him in 2001, but the relationship didn’t go far and ended in August 2002.
- Josh Kelley (2005-Present) – Finally, she started dating a musician, Josh Kelley in June 2005 after she appeared in the video of Josh’s song “Only You” in that year. In June 2006, Josh and Heigl engaged each other. But, the couple didn’t live together until they were married. Their marriage happened on December 23, 2007, in Park City, Utah. They chose to adopt a daughter, Nancy Leigh “Naleigh” Kelley in September 2009 from South Korea. The couple, then adopted another daughter, Adalaide Marie Hope Kelley from USA in April 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swiss-German and Irish descent on her father’s side, while she has German ancestry on her mother’s side.
36-25-36 in or 91.5-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in a Zzzquil commercial.
As a child, she had been featured in Cheerios cereal commercial. Also, at a younger age, she posed for “Sears” and “Lord & Taylor” for their catalogs.
Best Known For
Playing Isabel Evans in TV series Roswell from 1999 to 2002, as Dr. Isobel “Izzie” Stevens in Grey’s Anatomy from 2005 to 2010, as Alison Scott in the 2007 film Knocked Up.
Heigl appeared in 1992 romantic drama film That Night for her role as Kathryn.
First TV Show
In 1999, Katherine appeared in The WB and UPN’s science fiction television series Roswell for her role as Isabel Evans. She appeared in total of 61 episodes.
She is a foodie and does not have the patience to workout 2 hours a day like Jennifer Aniston. She also cannot eat packaged meals like other celebs do. She considers herself lazy to workout that much.
Heigl has also worked with celebrity trainer, Harley Pasternak in the past.
Katherine Heigl Favorite Things
- Food – Noodles, creamed spinach
- Condiment – Tabasco sauce
- Movies – The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005), The Notebook (2004)
- Novel – Beach Music (by Pat Conroy)
Katherine Heigl Facts
- She was born at Columbia Hospital for Women.
- In 1986, Katherine lost her brother Jason in a fatal car accident. Jason’s organs were donated.
- She has worked for “Donate Life America” as their spokesperson.
- She was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut and primarily spent her childhood there.
- At the age of nine, she started modeling. It all started when one of her aunts clicked her photos and sent them to several modeling agencies.
- As a child model, she was earning $75 an hour.
- In 1996, her mom was diagnosed with cancer. Her parents also divorced the same year.
- She is related to actress Amber Perkins.
- Katherine knows how to play cello. She played it in high school.
- She has collie mix dog.
- Visit her official website @ www.kheigl.com.
- Connect with Katherine on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.