|Charles Kelley Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1981|
Charles Kelley is an American singer-songwriter who is best recognized as the leading man of the country band Land Antebellum. He has famously performed hit songs like Love Don’t Live Here, Lookin’ for a Good Time, I Run to You, Need You Now, Compass, and many more. He has more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Charles Burgess Kelley
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Charles Kelley passed out from Lakeside High School in Evans, Georgia. Later, in 2004, he graduated with a degree in Finance from the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia.
- Father – John W. Kelley (Cardiologist)
- Mother – Gayle Kelley
- Siblings – John Kelley (Older Brother), Josh Kelley (Older Brother)
- Others – Katherine Heigl (Sister-In-Law) (Actress)
Charles Kelley is represented by –
- John Huie, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Daniel Miller and Mary Hilliard Harrington, Red Light Management, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Country, Country Pop
Vocals, Drums, Guitar, Ukulele, Percussion
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charles Kelley has dated –
- Cassie McConnell – Charles dated publicist and music representative Cassie McConnell for about 6 months before tying the knot. Charles met Cassie when she was working as a publicist for his older brother, Josh Kelley. After dating for a few months, Charles proposed her hand in marriage on Christmas morning in 2008. The couple had a court marriage in late June 2009 in Nashville. Then, on July 6, 2009, they had their destination wedding at the Bahamas. After many years of struggle with fertility, the couple finally had their son Ward Charles Kelley on February 11, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beard and short spiky hairstyle
- Tall and lean figure
Charles Kelley has done endorsement work for brands like Land of Thee.
Best Known For
- Being one of the founding members of the country music band Lady Antebellum. The group was formed in 2006 and is signed to Capitol Nashville.
- Performing hit singles including Love Don’t Live Here, Lookin’ for a Good Time, I Run to You, Need You Now, American Honey, Just a Kiss, We Owned the Night, Dancin’ Away with My Heart, Compass, and Bartender, among others
On February 5, 2016, he released his first solo debut album titled The Driver through Capitol Records Nashville. The song has 9 original songs.
First TV Show
In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance on the series The Dakota Sessions.
Charles Kelley Favorite Things
- Southern Music Spots To Play – Georgia Theatre in Georgia and The Ryman in Nashville
- Songs From The Album “The Driver” – Lonely Girl and Leaving Nashville
Source – Southern Living, LasVegasSun.com
Charles Kelley Facts
- Growing up, he worked in his father’s farm, raising cattle and riding around on a tractor, in the mountain regions of North Georgia.
- His musical career began at the age of 11.
- As a teenager, Charles was a part of his brothers’ (John and Josh) band called Inside Blue.
- While in middle school, Charles met Dave Haywood and they graduated together from Lakeside High School in Evans, Georgia.
- At the age of 14, Charles and Dave wrote their first song together.
- At the University of Georgia, Charles was a member of the Nu Zeta chapter of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- He temporarily worked as an accountant in his brother John’s construction business in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- In mid-2005, he moved to Nashville, Tennessee to live with his brother Josh and pursue a career in music, as well as to write songs together.
- In early 2009, he got the line from The Beatles song, Blackbird, “All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise”, tattooed on his right forearm.
- Charles is an avid golfer.
- In 2010, he got another Beatles’s Across the Universe song inspired design “flower of life”, tattooed on his upper left arm.
- He is passionate about motorcycles and owns a custom made 2006 Harley Softail.
- Musicians who have influenced him are Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Sting, The Police, and many more.
- He has co-written many songs for different artists including Luke Bryan‘s Do I, Danny Gokey’s It’s Only, Miranda Lambert‘s Love Song, Parachute’s Kiss Me Slowly, Hunter Hayes‘s Better Than This, and many more.
- Visit his official website @ www.charleskelley.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Charles Kelley / Instagram