|Laura Prepon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1980|
Laura Prepon is an American actor, film producer, director, voice actor, and model who is known for playing Donna Pinciotti in the television period sitcom That ’70s Show, Alex Vause in the Netflix comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black, Hannah Jane Daniels in the ABC soap opera October Road, and Chelsea Newman in the television sitcom Are You There, Chelsea?. She has also been a part of many other shows such as King of the Hill, How I Met Your Mother, Love Bites, and Men at Work. Moreover, Laura Prepon has appeared in movies like The Girl on the Train, Romancing the Bride, The Killing Game, Lightning Bug, The Hero, Come Early Morning, The Kitchen, and Lay the Favorite.
Laura Helene Prepon
Watchung, New Jersey, United States
Prepon went to Watchung Hills Regional High School in New Jersey and later to Caroline Thomas’ Total Theater Lab in New York City.
Actor, Film Producer, Director, Voice Actor, Model
- Father – Michael Prepon (Orthopedic Surgeon) (Died in 1993)
- Mother – Marjorie (née Coll) (High School Teacher)
- Siblings – Danielle Prepon (Older Sister), Jocelyn Prepon (Older Sister), Stephanie Prepon (Older Sister), Brad Prepon (Older Brother)
- Others – Louis Prepon (Paternal Grandfather), Betty Bernhardt (Paternal Grandmother), Walter A. Burke Coll (Maternal Grandfather), Natalie Elliot Carr (Maternal Grandmother), Joseph Bradford Carr (Maternal Great-Great-Great-Grandfather) (Union Army General)
Laura Prepon has been signed with Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $12 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Prepon has dated –
- Topher Grace (1998-1999) – Actor Topher Grace and Laura Prepon were romantically linked from 1998 to 1999.
- Christopher Masterson (1999-2007) – For complete eight years, the actors dated each other. During this time, they also engaged. They separated in May 2007.
- Anthony Kiedis (2008) – She had a fling with American singer Anthony Kiedis in July 2008.
- Scott Michael Foster (2008-2013) – Laura started dating actor Scott in October 2008. They first met at Blush Boutique Nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas and soon started dating at that time. Their relationship continued until 2013.
- Tom Cruise (2013) – Laura had an encounter with actor Tom Cruise in late 2013. Tom took her to The Renaissance at The Manor Hotel in November 2013. Laura was picked up by Tom in his vintage car and he also took along a wine bottle with him. After all this, Laura believed that Cruise was on ‘cloud nine’. Though, it was a RUMOR.
- Ben Foster (2016-Present) – Laura started dating actor Ben Foster in 2016. Eventually, the couple announced their engagement in October 2016 which was followed by the birth of their first child, a daughter named Ella, in August 2017. They got married in a simple wedding ceremony in June 2018. She announced on October 24, 2019, that they were expecting their 2nd child together and their son was subsequently born in February 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side and is of English, German, and Irish descent on her mother’s side.
She naturally has red hair.
In 2005, she dyed them blonde for one of her movies.
To play Alex Vause in “Orange Is the New Black,” she dyed her hair black in 2013. So, she keeps changing her hair according to the needs of the character in movies and television shows.
37-26-36 in or 94-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has appeared in various commercials viz., Bing, Tresemme, MCI, Clean and Clear, and others.
She also did a Gap hip-hugger jeans commercial in 2001 which was declared too hot for television.
Laura was raised as a Catholic and Jewish.
Laura revealed during an interview given to Women’s Health in December 2007 that she was practicing Scientology. However, in August 2021, she revealed that she was no longer practicing Scientology.
Best Known For
From 1998 to 2006, Laura played the role of Donna Pinciotti in Fox’s period sitcom That ’70s Show.
Laura appeared in the 2001 American independent film Southlander for her role as Seven Equals Five.
As a voice actor, she made her film debut by providing vocals to the character of Rachel Cruz in the 2007 animated action-comedy film The Chosen One.
First TV Show
She debuted with That ’70s Show where she played the role of Donna Pinciotti. From 1998 to 2006, Prepon appeared in a total of 200 episodes. She also received several nominations for this show.
Laura likes to work out and stay in shape. She sometimes even wakes up at 4 in the morning to do the exercises. Laura walks on the elliptical trainer and does spinning. Prepon also works out with the help of medicine balls and bands.
Her other form of workout is dancing. she knows ballet and salsa dance forms.
She works out every day and says that she can even work out for three sessions in a day.
She has also tried Bikram yoga, but couldn’t do it much. So, she left it.
Laura also states that she has played with metabolism a lot. She also tried the HCG diet, where you are injected with a hormone extracted from the urine of a pregnant woman.
She likes to cook her food in coconut oil and also enjoys drinking coconut water.
She has a celebrity crush on Scott Speedman, a Canadian film and TV actor.
Laura Prepon Favorite Things
- Food – Raw almond butter
- Actor – Harrison Ford
- Book – The Hobbit (By J.R.R. Tolkien)
- Color – Black
- Song – Fancy (By Reba McEntire)
- Movie – Predator (1987)
Laura Prepon Facts
- She is in great love with vintage clothes and sneakers.
- Her father is Jewish and her mother is Catholic. But, she believes in Scientology.
- Her father died when she was thirteen.
- She had done ballet dancing before.
- Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow are her fitness role models.
- Laura has three older sisters, one of whom is a lawyer.
- From 2013 to 2019, she appeared as Alex Vause in the comedy-drama streaming television series Orange Is the New Black. For this role, she won the Satellite Award in the “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film” category in 2014.
- Her hobbies are horseback riding, ice skating, gymnastics, and ballet dancing. She also likes to play golf and the piano.
- If she was not into acting, she would have been a surgeon (just like her dad).
- She is a big UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) fan.
- She is afraid of spiders.
- She has a dog, which weighs nearly 135 pounds.
- Alongside Sam Elliott, Krysten Ritter, Nick Offerman, and Katharine Ross, she co-starred as Charlotte Dylan in the 2017 comedy-drama film The Hero.
- She had also served as DJ three times in the past.
- In 2017, she won The Creative Coalition Spotlight Initiative Award.
- She likes to play poker to relax.
- She has a state-of-the-art karaoke machine.