|Danny Gokey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1980|
Danny Gokey is an American singer who came into the spotlight in 2009 when he had finished 3rd in the 8th season of the popular singing-based reality TV series American Idol. He had started his career as a country music artist and had released his first solo studio album titled My Best Days in March 2010. In 2011, he had refocused his orientation towards the adult pop/contemporary Christian music genre and went on to publish the albums Hope in Front of Me (2014), Christmas Is Here (2015), La Esperanza Frente a Mi (2016), Rise (2017), and Haven’t Seen It Yet (2019). He had also launched an EP titled Love Again in May 2012.
Daniel Jay Gokey
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Danny had attended the Heritage Christian School in his hometown of Milwaukee.
- Mother – Rhonda Gokey
- Siblings – Charles Gokey (Brother), Angela Gokey (Sister), Janell Gokey (Sister), Gina Gokey (Sister), Tracey Gokey (Sister)
He is represented by –
- Penny Railey, General Manager, Maximum Artist Management, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
- Tony Johnsen, Booking Agent, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Pop, Contemporary Christian music, Blue-Eyed Soul, Country Pop, Gospel, Soul
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Piano
- 19 Recordings
- RCA Records Nashville
- BMG Rights Management
- Sparrow Records
- Capitol Christian Music Group
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny has dated –
- Sophia Martinez (1997–2008) – Danny began dating Sophia Martinez in 1997 when they were in high school together. The couple got married on May 15, 2004, and they were together until her untimely death on July 9, 2008, which was caused by complications arising out of what was her 3rd surgery to treat congenital heart disease. Danny later started an organization named Sophia’s Heart Foundation that has branches in cities like Milwaukee, Nashville, and Sacramento, and that provides scholarships to deserving students in inner-city music and arts programs.
- Leyicet Peralta (2011-Present) – He started dating Cuban and Peruvian former model Leyicet Peralta in 2011 and they got engaged on Christmas Day later that year. They tied the knot on January 29, 2012, and have 4 children together – 3 sons named Daniel Emanuel (b. January 20, 2013), Gabriel Daniel (b. August 29, 2017), and Emanuel Daniel Gokey (b. August 16, 2019); and a daughter named Victoria Isabella (b. November 28, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Danny Gokey Facts
- He had first started singing in a church with his family and had later served, for many years, as the worship director at Faith Builders International Ministries, his church in Milwaukee.
- While in that job, he also used to drive an 18-wheeler semi-truck for a local logistics company.
- His first wife, Sophia, was a big fan of American Idol and would often urge Danny to participate in the competition. She passed away just 4 weeks before his audition and he often credits her encouragement and persistence for his success.
- In that season of American Idol, he was the only contestant who was never placed in the bottom 2.
Featured Image by Danny Gokey / Instagram