|Michael Chandler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michael Chandler is an American professional mixed martial artist who is a three-time Bellator Lightweight Champion and the winner of the Bellator Season Four Lightweight Tournament. He has also competed in the Lightweight division in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and was ranked #5 in the UFC lightweight rankings as of July 17, 2023.
High Ridge, Jefferson County, Missouri, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Michael Chandler studied at Northwest High School and graduated in 2004. He then attended the University of Missouri and majored in personal finance management services with a minor in real estate.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Michael Sr.
- Mother – Betty Chandler
- Siblings – Michael Chandler has one older and 2 younger siblings.
- Welterweight (2010–2011)
- Lightweight (2011–present)
71 in (180.5 cm)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chandler has dated –
- Brie Willett (2013-Present) – He started going out with Brie Willett in the year 2013. Before that, the two emailed one another for almost 2 years. The couple tied the knot in 2014 and adopted their first child, a son named Hap, in 2017. They went on to adopt another son named Ace who was born in April 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German and Irish roots.
Chandler has done endorsement work for KRAM Nutrition, Monster Energy, and Groove Life.
Michael Chandler Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in High Ridge, Missouri.
- He is the 2nd of 4 siblings.
- When in high school, Michael Chandler was on the honor roll every term and received 3 letters in football as well as finished as the runner–up at the MSHSAA State Championships as a senior in wrestling. During his senior year in high school, he was voted the “Most Valuable Wrestler” and was selected to the All-St. Louis Team.
- During his time at the University of Missouri, he was a 4-time NCAA Division I qualifier and collected 100 career wins as well as earned 5th place at NCAA as a senior and earned DI All-American honors.
- In the 2008 and 2009 Big 12 Championships, he earned runner–up honors and was awarded automatic bids to three of the four NCAA Championships he competed in.
- Michael Chandler made his professional MMA debut in August 2009 in a match against Kyle Swadley and secured a first-round TKO victory.
- On November 20, 2009, he made his Strikeforce debut on November 20, 2009, at Strikeforce Challengers: Woodley vs. Bears. He fought Richard Bouphanouvong and won the bout via technical knockout in the second round.
- With Strikeforce, he fought his next fight on May 15, 2010, at Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery where he fought Sal Wood and won the bout via submission in under a minute.
- With Bellator MMA, he made his debut on September 30, 2010, at Bellator 31, defeating Scott Stapp via technical knockout in the first round.
- On October 14, 2010, Michael Chandler competed on the Bellator 32 card against Chris Page in a welterweight contest and won the bout via submission in the first round.
- It was announced on September 17, 2020, that Chandler had signed a contract with the UFC and served as a backup for a title bout between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.
- On January 24, 2021, he made his promotional debut for UFC against Dan Hooker at UFC 257 and won the fight via technical knockout in the first round and this also earned him the Performance of the Night award.
- It was announced in February 2023 that Chandler would be coaching The Ultimate Fighter 31 against Conor McGregor.
- He is the owner of Training Camp (a fitness and MMA gym in Nashville).
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0