|Aidan Laprete Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 2001|
Aidan Laprete is an American singer, songwriter, actor, musician, and record producer who rose to fame on YouTube with his music. Additionally, he became popular for starring as Henry Tanaka in the show, The Wilds.
Aidan James Laprete Powell
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Musician, Record Producer
- Father – William Powell
- Mother – Angela Laprete (Producer)
Pop, Indie Pop, Electronic, Alternative
Vocals, Guitar, Loop Pedal, Ukulele, Sampler
One Half Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He has Japanese, Italian, Irish, English, German, and American Indian ancestry.
- Playing the ukulele as a pop instrument
- Boyish looks
- Moles near his lips
Aidan Laprete Facts
- His performance of Hey, Soul Sister by Train at the 2010 Ukulele Festival went viral on YouTube and garnered more than 20 million views. He was 8 years old.
- Pat Monahan reacted to the song positively by calling it, by far, his favorite cover version of Hey, Soul Sister.
- Aidan’s 1st acting role was at 18 months old for a TV pilot called The Break.
- He is influenced by the music of artists such as Jai Paul, Jon Bellion, and Sevdaliza as well as musical groups like Bon Iver and The 1975.
- Aidan had auditioned and was a serious contender to play Eddie Huang in the series, Fresh Off The Boat. The role was ultimately played by Hudson Yang.
- In August 2019, he changed his name from Aidan James to Aidan Laprete.
- In 2015, he landed a cover story titled ‘How Aidan James Became One of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ by the Hawaiian magazine, MidWeek.
Featured Image by Ashley Smith / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0