|Jon Bellion Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jon Bellion is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, and producer who is well known for writing songs for top artists as well as releasing his own songs. He became very popular after one of his singles All Time Low on his first album, The Human Condition got very successful really fast. The internet sensation who recorded in the comfort of his home, wrote and produced his songs himself, became very popular in a small amount of time. The single debuted at number 16 on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts. The album explains how every human faces various problems in life. His songs resonate with many people, which helped him build his fan base fast enough. His debut album topped the US Billboard 200 chart at number 5.
Jon Bellion has worked as a songwriter and still writes his own songs and the songs of other artists including Eminem and Jason Derulo. The song that he wrote for Eminem which featured Rihanna won a Grammy Award in 2015. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Twitter and more than 1 million subscribers on his YouTube channel.
Jonathan David Bellion
Lake Grove, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Jon Bellion attended Five Towns College in Dix Hills, New York, United States. However, he later dropped out of college at the age of 19 in order to focus on his music career.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – William J. Bellion
- Mother – Judy Ann
- Siblings – Christianne Jensen (Sister)
- Others – Nancy Theresa (Paternal Grandmother)
Jon Bellion is managed by ICM Partners (Talent Agency), Century City, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Indie Pop
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Sampler
- Visionary Music Group
- Capitol Records, Inc.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon Bellion has dated –
- Melanie Iglesias (2015) – Jon Bellion was rumored to be dating Melanie, an American model and actress in 2015. There were several shoutouts on social media about their relationship because they were spotted together on various occasions, but both of them never officially confirmed their relationship. Their rumored relationship came to an end and the speculations died down only a few months after they surfaced.
- In 2018, Jon revealed that he was married. However, he didn’t reveal the name of his wife.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Tattooed body
- Facial hairs
- Large ears
Best Known For
- Writing the chorus to the song The Monster by Eminem featuring Rihanna, which won a Grammy Award in 2015 for “Best Rap/Sung Collaboration”
- Playing a voice role in Dragon Ball Super: Broly as Male Frieza Soldier B in 2018
- Being the opening act for the United States edition of the Twenty One Pilots’ 2017 Emotional Roadshow World Tour
Jon Bellion released his first album The Human Condition on June 10, 2016. The lead single from the album was All Time Low and was released on May 13, 2016. This song appeared at the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at number 16 and was a Double-platinum single in both the United States and Australia.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by lending his voice to the character of Male Saiyan Guard B in the English version of the animated film Dragon Ball Super: Broly in 2018.
First TV Show
Jon Bellion made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Backstage Diaries in 2015.
Jon Bellion Favorite Things
- Activities – Playing musical instruments
- Holiday Destination – Paris
- Food – Spanish food
- Color – Blue
- Actor – Kevin Spacey
- Actress – Emma Stone
- 80s Film – The Breakfast Club (1985)
Source – Wikipedia
Jon Bellion Facts
- He was born to an Italian mother and a father who was born in New York, United States, but was not of American descent. His family hails from Naples.
- He has collaborated with well-known artists such as Travis Mendes, Logic, QuESt, Andy Mineo, Blaque Keyz, Zedd, C Dot Castro, Aneet Grewal, and B.o.B.
- Jon Bellion was the opening act for the 3rd leg of the Twenty One Pilots’ concert in 2017.
- When Jon Bellion was younger, he had a strong love for both music and basketball and was confused about which path to follow. In his junior year of school, he decided to have a career in music.
- Jon Bellion was a college dropout at the age of 19. His reason for dropping out was so that he could pay more attention to his songwriting career. He began writing fully and began his professional career as a songwriter shortly afterward.
- He claims that Kanye West is one of his biggest inspirations. Other top artists who have inspired him include Coldplay, John Mayer, Pharrell Williams, and Eminem.
- Earlier in his career, Jon worked with Kara DioGuardi for about 1 year. It was through working with her that he gained experience and wrote songs for various musicians in hip hop and rock.
- Jon Bellion claims that his growth in music has a lot to do with the band he played in while he was in college.
- He loves surrounding himself with people that are far better than him, hoping he would learn a thing or two from them. He is almost always surrounded by people who he looks up to.
- Jon Bellion composes and produces his entire music, including the beats.
- His first mixtape, Scattered Thoughts Vol. 1 dropped on his Facebook account in 2011 and had a great record of more than 11,000 downloads. It was through this means that he got the opportunity to sign with a record label, Visionary Music Group in 2012.
- Jon Bellion wrote the song Trumpets which was sung and released by Jason Derulo in 2013. He also wrote the chorus to Eminem’s song The Monster which featured the top artist, Rihanna in 2013.
- Jon doesn’t mind giving away songs that he writes. He claims that he’s not too precious with his records.
- Jon Bellion enjoys watching the 80s movie, The Breakfast Club because he feels that there is something cool and corny about the film which makes him enjoy it to the fullest.
- He was really inspired by the record Phil Collins did for Tarzan.
- Jon Bellion has not left his friends from college. They still communicate with each other regularly.
- Jon Bellion talks a lot about God and makes it very evident in his songs, emphasizing on God specifically and not just brushing the idea of faith or the existence of a God.
- His 2nd album, Glory Sound Prep came out on November 9, 2018.
- In May 2019, Jon teamed up with DJ Illenium for a new song titled Good Things Fall Apart.
- In July 2019, he launched his record label, Beautiful Mind Records.
- In September 2021, he released a new single titled I Feel It.
- Visit Jon Bellion’s official website @ jonbellion.com.
- Follow Jon Bellion on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jon Bellion / Instagram