|Megan McKenna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1992|
Megan McKenna is an English television personality, author, and singer who rose to fame after appearing on shows such as Ex on the Beach, Celebrity Big Brother, and The Only Way Is Essex. After that, she embarked on her pursuits as a musician and released her debut studio album Story of Me in 2018. Also, she emerged as the winner of The X Factor: Celebrity (2019). Moreover, Megan McKenna has been a part of many other projects like Britain’s Got Talent, There’s Something About Megan, Celebs Go Dating, Celebrity MasterChef, and Celebs on the Farm.
Megan Elizabeth McKenna
Barking, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Megan was pulled out of school because she was a victim of bullying.
Megan channeled her passion for singing when she was young by studying at The Arts Educational Theatre School in London from where she graduated.
She also auditioned and got accepted into the Ravens Court Theatre School. She learned how to play the violin there.
Television Personality, Singer, Restaurateur, Author
- Father – Dave McKenna
- Mother – Tanya McKenna
- Siblings – Milly McKenna (Younger Sister)
Megan has been represented by Bold Management.
Vocals, Violin, Guitar
FrtyFive, Syco Music
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megan McKenna has dated:-
- Zack Gilbert – She was romantically involved with Zack Gilbert in the past.
- Harry Eden – Before rising to fame, Megan dated Harry Eden who made an appearance in Oliver as the Artful Dodger produced by Roman Polanski. The couple dated for 2 years before deciding to move on. He was rumored to be back in Megan’s life post her split with Pete Wicks.
- Rogan O’Connor (2015) – She had a fling with reality television personality Rogan O’Connor in 2015.
- Stephen Bear (2015) – Megan and Stephen met on the reality show Ex On The Beach. Bear starred in Shipwrecked: The Island and both of them felt an instant connection. Stephen and Megan called it quits after three episodes. Bear, later went on to confess that he liked Jemma Lucy more than Megan.
- Jordan Davies – Megan had a short-lived romance with Jordan, and star of The Ibiza Weekender. They were engaged for a few months, but later on, they broke off the engagement.
- Jake Hall (Rumor) – Chloe Lewis accused Megan of having a fling with her boyfriend Jake. Megan denied the rumors and was upset with the accusation. The next day, the audience saw Jake post a photo of him and Chloe of a year ago.
- Scott Timlin – Megan entered Celebrity Big Boss and met Scott who had starred in Geordie Shore. Fans considered them to be a very cute couple. Sadly, they couldn’t withstand the tides of distance and were busy focusing on their careers. Both decided to part ways since Megan lived in Essex and Scott, up in Newcastle.
- Pete Wicks (April 2016 – September 2016; June 2017 – October 2017) The couple had an on-and-off relationship. They were known as the hottest couple on The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE) and began flirting on Twitter. Megan confirmed their romance with her presence at a party accompanying Pete. The couple broke up in September 2016 (after having started dating in April 2016) after Pete was caught flirting with other girls. In June 2017, the pair confirmed they were back. However, in October 2017, the couple decided to call it quits once again as they felt that their relationship was beyond repair regardless of the efforts taken by the couple.
- Mike Thalassitis (2018) – In February 2018, she started going out with footballer and television personality Mike Thalassitis. However, their romance came to an end only after a few months in August 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her lips which are known to be a perfect pillow pout
- Megan’s blue eyes which she loves to accentuate
35-23.5-35 in or 89-60-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Along with launching her own makeup line, Megan has also been the face of many brands on her social media posts.
She has collaborated with Misspap for their collections. Other brands include
- Bperfect cosmetics
- Schar gluten-free (since Megan has celiac disease)
- Mr. Blanc Teeth
- Hair Burst and many others.
Best Known For
- For appearing appeared on the MTV reality series Ex on the Beach in 2015
- She went on to become a housemate in the 17th season of Celebrity Big Brother.
- In March 2016, she was cast as a full-time cast member on The Only Way Is Essex.
On December 7, 2018, she released her debut studio album Story of Me via FrtyFve and it includes songs like Everything but You, Odds, High Heeled Shoes, If You, Story of Me, and History.
The album peaked at number #4 on the UK Country Albums (OCC) chart and at number #28 on the UK Digital Albums (OCC) chart.
First TV Show
Megan appeared on Britain’s Got Talent in 2009 alongside her friend Demi Bennetts.
Megan doesn’t work out much and hates the gym. She takes her dog out for a walk every day. She believes in eating right and feels that because she’s diagnosed with celiac disease.
She eats a lot of spinach and takes vitamins which help her maintain her body. She also believes that it’s essential to get a good night’s rest in order to keep healthy.
She loves McDonald’s and swears by it. Megan only eats the patty and not the bun.
Below is what her diet usually consists of.
- Breakfast – Wheat-free bread with beans and cheese
- Lunch – Thai green curry.
- Dinner – Any homemade meal
- Snacks – Anything from McDonald’s
Megan McKenna Favorite Things
- Food – McDonald’s burger, Spaghetti Bolognese with gluten-free pasta.
- Singer – Dolly Parton
Megan McKenna Facts
- While growing up, she was shy and faced bullying in school.
- Initially, her parents couldn’t afford the tuition fees at The Arts Education School, London, so her grandparents paid it instead.
- Her debut songs “High Heeled Shoes” and “Far Cry From Love” received amazing responses and even ousted Taylor Swift from the No. 1 spot on the U.K. iTunes chart.
- Megan always had a flair for singing which she showcased various times on television. She qualified for the semifinals of Britain’s Got Talent in 2009, and auditioned for multiple seasons of The X Factor UK. She also competed in open mic nights.
- She gained popularity when she appeared on MTV’s Ex on the Beach in 2015 and then as a housemate on Celebrity Big Brother in 2016.
- She launched her brand called “Mouthy by Megan McKenna”, which consists of beauty products such as lipsticks, glosses, and liners.
- She loves cooking and enjoys making homemade meals.
- She auditioned as a replacement for Linzi Peel who was the founding member of the girl band LOLA managed by Jess Wright. She joined the band. However, the group parted ways soon after.
- Megan auditioned for The X Factor twice, and managed to qualify for the 6 chair challenge but was eliminated.
- She opened a restaurant named McK Grill in 2017 which serves gluten and wheat-free dishes.
- Megan appeared in the musical One More Dance in December 2016. By this, she made her West End musical debut.
- Megan has a poodle named Daisy.
- In 2017, she kick-started her music career, releasing her debut extended play with songs that went on to be ranked #1 on the iTunes store.
- She was diagnosed with celiac disease at the age of 11 and hence eats a gluten-free / wheat-free diet.
- In 2017, burglars broke into her home and ransacked it. The thieves managed to steal her designer purses and jewelry among other belongings.
- She announced the release of her 2nd book titled Can You Make That Gluten Free? in October 2021. The book is a gluten-free recipe book inspired by her coeliac diagnosis.
- Her first original Christmas song titled Family at Christmas was released on November 19, 2021.
Featured Image by Megan McKenna / Instagram