|Illenium Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1990|
Illenium is an American musician, DJ, and record producer who shot to fame after working on a number of notable remixes, such as those for The Chainsmokers‘ Don’t Let Me Down and Flume‘s Say It, the latter having bagged the award for “Remix of the Year” at the inaugural Electronic Music Awards in 2017. He has released several studio albums including Ascend (2019), that had topped the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums chart and peaked on the Billboard 200 at number 14 position. He got included in the “Forbes 30 Under 30” music list in 2020.
Nicholas D. Miller
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
He attended the Music & Entertainment Industry Studies (MEIS) Department at the University of Colorado Denver. His music emphasis was Recording Arts and he took lessons for 2 years. He made several connections in the Denver music scene while attending courses in the music business, performance, and recording arts and even completed his first EP.
Musician, DJ, Record Producer
Future Bass, Trap, Dubstep
Programming, Guitar, Ableton Live
- 12 Tone Music
- The EDM Network
- Seeking Blue
- Prep School Recordings
- Gravitas Recordings
- Armada Music
- Uplink Audio
- Artist Intelligence Agency
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lara McWhorter – He has been dating model and social media star Lara McWhorter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Tattoos on his hands
- Sharp features
Illenium Favorite Things
- First Big Purchase He Made When He Began To Make Money As A DJ – New monitors for his studio
- Grateful To – His family for being by his side through his most difficult times that had made it possible for him to become successful, having been the most supportive and encouraging of his choice to pursue music even when he was just starting out and had not had any success
Source – Billboard
- He was brought up in San Francisco and had relocated to Denver in 2013.
- He has recalled that he had made his first song ever with his high school friends, where he had created a beat and they all had fun rapping over it.
- Before attaining stardom, Illenium had coached lacrosse and delivered sushi in order to support himself.
- In 2008, he started making electronic music. In the summer of 2012, he saw the live performance of Bassnectar at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre and became so inspired that he made up his mind to give his full focus to music.
- He has disclosed that one of the wildest things he had ever seen happening in the crowd during one of his sets was when at a show, a girl had broken her nose on the rail as she was going so hard. He had tried to cheer her up by giving her free tickets to return the next night.
- Illenium has revealed that while playing a show, he has usually thought about the crowd and tried to gauge what the people are reacting to and how they are responding to different songs. He has gone on to add that he has been so focused and in-the-moment when he has DJed that it has been like meditation for him.
Featured Image by Illenium / Instagram