|Bassnectar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bassnectar is a well distinguished American DJ and record producer who has released a number of hit tracks including Bass Head (2010), Freestyle (2012), Vava Voom (2012), Into The Sun (2015), Speakerbox (2016), and Reaching Out (2016). Besides that, Bassnectar also has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Facebook, more than 450k followers on Twitter, more than 700k followers on Instagram, and more than 850k followers on SoundCloud.
DJ Lorin, King of the Sound, West Coast Lo-Fi, Bassnectar
Santa Cruz, California, United States
Bassnectar studied electronic music production at the University of California in Santa Cruz. Also, he is an alumnus of the Bellarmine College Preparatory.
DJ, Record Producer
Bassnectar is represented by Red Light Management and Madison House.
Dubstep, Drum and Bass, Drumstep, Electronica, Breakbeat, Downtempo, Nu Skool Breaks
DJ Mixer, Turntable
Bassnectar has released his music with various record labels such as Amorphous, Om, Destroid, Monstercat, and OWSLA.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Long hair
- Wide smile
- Lean and tall physique
He has appeared in a commercial for the 2017 Winter X Games XXI.
- He was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Initially, he had taken an interest in visual arts rather than in music.
- By the time Bassnectar was 10 years old, he had been creating short clips using his father’s camera to form films.
- At the age of 16, he started playing death metal music with Pale Existence.
- In the ’90s, he toured with the band Exhumed as their bass player.
- The convergence of his heavy and electronic music style began during the ’90s after he had sensed comfort and attractiveness to the music that was played at rave parties.
- In the mid-’90s, Bassnectar joined the concert scene by working as a show promoter and even distributed food to concertgoers.
- In 1996, he started learning to DJ and even produced 4 demo tracks.
- During the ’90s, he started creating his music using the “Opcode Systems Studio Vision Pro.”
- He used to play at house parties where he grew up and also put in 7 gigs per night at the Burning Man event.
- Prior to adopting his stage name “Bassnectar,” he performed under the moniker of “DJ Lorin”.
- In the year of 2001, Bassnectar released his first-ever album titled Freakbeat for the Beatfreaks.
- He got his stage name “Bassnectar” from a friend of his who had handed him a sticker that read “Butterfly Beings Drink Bass Nectar.”
- Bassnectar fans are referred to as “Bassheads.” They are notably known for their headbanging just as people are likely to do at rock concerts.
- In 2012, he managed to sell out 250,000 tickets that did not include festivals.
- During a DJ competition that was created by Pioneer DJ and the DJ Times, he attained 4th place on the “2013 America’s Best DJ” contest.
- Bassnectar is very close to his mother and grandmother.
Featured Image By ultra 5280 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0