|Katherine Heigl Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1978|
Katherine Heigl is an American actress, former fashion model, producer, and voice artist who made her theatrical film debut as Kathryn in the coming-of-age romantic drama film, That Night (originally titled One Hot Summer), in 1992. Since then, she has been cast in a variety of films including My Father the Hero, Descendant, Knocked Up, 27 Dresses, One for the Money, Bride of Chucky, 100 Girls, Jenny’s Wedding, Home Sweet Home, The Nut Job, The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature, Fear of Rain, New Year’s Eve, King of the Hill, Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, and Jackie & Ryan. In addition to that, the actress is also known for her television roles like Tully Hart in the Netflix drama series Firefly Lane, Isabel Evans in The WB science fiction series Roswell, Dr. Izzie Stevens in the ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy, Sadie Ellis in the CBS drama series Doubt, Officer Charleston “Charlie” Whitney Tucker in the NBC espionage thriller series State of Affairs, and Samantha Wheeler in the USA Network legal drama series Suits.
Katherine Marie Heigl (Last Name Pronounced as – HI guhl)
Katie, Isabel / Izzie
Washington, D.C., United States
Utah, United States
Katherine attended New Canaan High School in Connecticut but dropped out after her sophomore year so as to better focus on her acting and modeling work. In 1997, she graduated from high school.
Actress, Producer, Former Fashion Model, Voice Artist
- Father – Paul Heigl (Financial executive and accountant)
- Mother – Nancy (née Engelhardt) (Personnel Manager)
- Siblings – Meg Heigl (Older Sister), Jason Heigl (deceased) (Older Brother), and Holt Heigl (Older Brother)
- Others – John H./Joseph Heigl (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Mary Lynes (Paternal Grandmother), Reinhold Ferdinand Engelhardt/Engelhart (Maternal Grandfather), Margaretta/Margaret Jane Debus (Maternal Grabdmither), Charles Kelley (Brother-in-law) (Singer)
As a child model, she was signed to Wilhelmina Models.
She was also signed to United Talent Agency and Elite Modeling Agency.
In the later 1990s, her mom became her manager.
She has also been repped by Zero Gravity Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine Heigl has dated –
- Joseph Lawrence (1995-1999) – From 1995 to 1999, Katherine and actor Joseph were an item.
- Jason Behr – Katherine dated actor Jason Behr after meeting him on the set of the sci-fi TV series Roswell. She also engaged him in 2001 but the relationship didn’t go far and ended in August 2002.
- Josh Kelley (2005-Present) – Finally, she started dating a musician, Josh Kelley in June 2005 after she appeared in the video of Josh’s song “Only You” in that year. In June 2006, Josh and Heigl engaged each other. But, the couple didn’t live together until they were married. Their marriage happened on December 23, 2007, in Park City, Utah. They chose to adopt a daughter, Nancy Leigh “Naleigh” Kelley in September 2009 from South Korea. The couple, then adopted another daughter, Adalaide Marie Hope Kelley from the United States in April 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swiss-German and Irish descent on her father’s side and has German ancestry on her mother’s side.
She dyed her hair ‘Brown’ for her Netflix show, Firefly Lane, in 2021.
36-25-36 in or 91.5-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
She has appeared in a Zzzquil commercial.
As a child, she had been featured in a Cheerios cereal commercial. Also, at a younger age, she posed for “Sears” and “Lord & Taylor” for their catalogs.
Best Known For
Playing Isabel Evans in TV series Roswell from 1999 to 2002, as Dr. Isobel “Izzie” Stevens in Grey’s Anatomy from 2005 to 2010, as Alison Scott in the 2007 film Knocked Up.
Heigl appeared in the 1992 romantic drama film That Night for her role as Kathryn.
First TV Show
In 1999, Katherine appeared in The WB and UPN’s science fiction television series Roswell for her role as Isabel Evans. She appeared in a total of 61 episodes.
She is a foodie and does not have the patience to work out 2 hours a day like Jennifer Aniston. She also cannot eat packaged meals as other celebs do. She considers herself lazy to work out that much.
Heigl has also worked with celebrity trainer, Harley Pasternak in the past.
Katherine Heigl Favorite Things
- Food – Noodles, creamed spinach
- Condiment – Tabasco sauce
- Movies – The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005), The Notebook (2004)
- Novel – Beach Music (by Pat Conroy)
Source – TV, People, AngelFire.com
Katherine Heigl Facts
- She was born at Columbia Hospital for Women.
- In 1986, Katherine lost her brother Jason in a fatal car accident. Jason’s organs were donated.
- She is a huge supporter of organ donation and has worked as a spokesperson for Donate Life America.
- She has worked for “Donate Life America” as their spokesperson.
- She was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut, and primarily spent her childhood there.
- At the age of nine, she started modeling. It all started when one of her aunts clicked her photos and sent them to several modeling agencies.
- As a child model, she was earning $75 an hour.
- In 1996, her mom was diagnosed with cancer. Her parents also divorced the same year.
- She is related to actress Amber Perkins.
- Katherine knows how to play the cello. She played it in high school.
- She has a collie mix dog.
- She was once called a ‘difficult’ actress to work within Hollywood. It had happened when she said that her 2007 movie Knocked Up is “a little sexist”. Then, she didn’t submit herself for the 2008 Emmy Awards because she felt she didn’t deserve a nomination for her performance in Grey’s Anatomy. In 2009, she also complained about her 17-hour workdays on Grey’s Anatomy.
- In her personal life, she goes by the name of ‘Katie’. She doesn’t prefer to be called ‘Katherine’.
- In March 2021, she underwent surgery after suffering a neck injury.
She’s more like a dcup at least she looked a Dcup in the chucky movie