|Dennis Rodman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1961|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dennis Rodman is an American former professional basketball player and professional wrestler who is known for his fierce defensive and rebounding abilities and has played with teams such as Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, and Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Apart from his contributions as a basketball player, he has also garnered much media coverage for his visits to North Korea and his subsequent befriending of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in 2013.
Dennis Keith Rodman
The Worm, Dennis the Menace, Impostor Sting
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
Dennis Rodman went to South Oak Cliff High School. He later got enrolled at the Cooke County College (currently known as North Central Texas College) in Gainesville. After his short stay at Gainesville, he got transferred to the Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
Retired Professional Basketball Player, Professional Wrestler
- Father – Philander Rodman, Jr. (Enlisted Airforce Member who fought in the Vietnam war)
- Mother – Shirley Rodman
- Siblings – Debra (Sister), Kim (Sister). He has many other siblings.
Dennis Rodman has been represented by Nene Musik Productions, Llc.
- 10 – San Antonio Spurs, Detroit Pistons
- 91 – Chicago Bulls
- 73 – Los Angeles Lakers
- 70 – Dallas Mavericks
6 ft 7 in or 201 cm
110 kg or 242.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dennis Rodman has dated –
- Jeanie Buss – According to reports, Dennis had an affair with Jeanie Buss, the current president of the Los Angeles Lakers. At the time of their relationship, she was working as an executive of the Lakers.
- Annie Bakes (1986-1993) – Rodman started dating model Annie Bakes in 1986. It was reported that in the summer of 1987 she moved in with him at his house in Sacramento. In 1988, she gave birth to their daughter, Alexis. However, in June 1989, she hit Rodman with a paternity lawsuit. In her filing, Annie had claimed that she was entitled to more than a million he had earned while with the Pistons. She alleged that he had asked her to stop modeling, after moving in with him, and had promised to take care of her financial needs with the massive paycheck he was receiving from Detroit Pistons. They seemed to have eventually reconciled as they had gotten married in 1992. However, their marriage didn’t last more than a year as they got officially divorced in 1993.
- Madonna (1994) – Rodman had a highly publicized affair with pop legend Madonna in 1994. During their torrid affair, they were often splashed across the front pages of leading tabloids. It was even claimed that their affair had a negative impact on his performances in the 1994 NBA playoffs. As per Rodman, Madonna was super serious about him and desperately wanted to have a baby with him as she often insisted on having unprotected s#x. She also used to send him messages via fax when she was away, and sometimes the content of these messages was quite spicy and raunchy.
- Vivica A. Fox (1997) – Dennis apparently had a fling with actress and television host Vivica A. Fox in 1997. However, their fling didn’t last beyond a couple of years.
- Stacy Yarbrough (1997) – Rodman hooked up with stripper Stacy Yarbrough in 1997. He had met her at the Scores Strip joint and if some tabloids are to be believed, he was quite serious about her. It was even claimed that they had gotten engaged.
- Carmen Electra (1998-1999) – Rodman met his second wife Carmen Electra at a party, and she was immediately drawn to his party-boy image. Like some of his past relationships, his equation with Carmen was as steamy as it gets. He has often claimed that he and Carmen had s*x almost everywhere at the Chicago Bulls stadium, Berto Center. In November 1998, they got married in Las Vegas. However, not everyone was impressed and least of all, his agent Dwight Manley, who publicly called Electra a gold digger and urged Rodman to sign a prenup. However, their marriage didn’t even last half a year as she filed for divorce in April 1999.
- Jenna Jameson (2001) – Dennis was reported to have taken a liking to pornographic actress Jenna Jameson in 2001. Their short-lived fling was steamy and explosive by all accounts.
- Jaimyse Haft (2003) – Rodman was rumored to have hooked up with actress Jaimyse Haft in 2003.
- Alicia Douvall (2004) – The British media claimed that Rodman was having an affair with English model and TV personality Alicia Douvall in 2004 while he was still married to Michelle Moyer. Alicia even claimed that they were engaged. However, Rodman refuted such claims.
- Michelle Moyer (1999-2012) – Dennis began going out with Michelle Moyer in 1999. A year later, she gave birth to their first child, a son named D.J., and welcomed a baby girl, in 2001, by the name of Trinity into their family. They got married on his 43rd birthday in 2003. However, by the next year, their marriage was in trouble as she had filed for divorce. Sometime later, they were reported to have patched things up but then, they were alleged to have separated once again. They followed this pattern until 2012 when their marriage was officially dissolved. During the course of their marriage, Dennis was accused of physically abusing his wife on a number of occasions. He was arrested, from his Newport Beach house, for assaulting Moyer in the early months of 2003, and then again in April 2008. She gave an explosive interview on Dr. Phil McGraw‘s talk show in 2009. In her interview, she dissed Dennis and urged him to give up alcohol, if he wanted another shot at their marriage.
- Yella Yella – Dennis later started dating model and singer Yella Yella. In July 2023, he got a black-and-white tattoo of Yella’s face on his cheek.
Race / Ethnicity
He loves to go for different hair colors with blonde and red being some of his favorite hues.
- Has an eccentric and flamboyant sense of style
- Wears nose rings as well as lip rings
- Often wears a baseball cap
- Eye-catching hair colors
- Short-tempered and wild behavior on and off the court
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91 cm
Dennis Rodman has done endorsement work for the following brands
- Pizza Hut Restaurants
- Converse Shoes (1997)
- Carls Jr. Hamburger Restaurants (1997)
- Trivial Pursuit ’90s Edition (2004)
- Silestone (2005)
- Sony Mini-Disc (1998)
- Wonderful Pistachios (2013)
- Foot Action (2015)
- Foot Locker (2013)
Dennis has done print adverts for the following
- Microsoft’s Ultimate TV (2001)
- Candies Fragrance (1999)
- UltimateTV service from Microsoft (2001)
He has also served as the brand ambassador of Bad Boy Vodka and OPENSports.com.
Best Known For
- Being a successful and popular basketball player, who has won many accolades during his professional career
- His close friendship with the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, whom he likes to call a friend for life while interacting with the media
- His controversial behavior on the basketball court, which saw him launch verbal as well as physical assaults on match officials
- Having appeared in a number of reality TV shows including Celebrity Big Brother and his own MTV show, The Rodman World Tour
First NBA Match
Dennis made his professional basketball debut in 1986 for Detroit Pistons.
In 1996, he made his theatrical film debut in the sports comedy movie, Eddie.
First TV Show
Dennis Rodman made his first TV show appearance in the sports TV series, The NBA on CBS in 1987.
Dennis Rodman Facts
- Dennis has claimed in interviews that he has 46 younger siblings. He has as many sisters as he has brothers.
- From 1998 to 1999, he played the role of Chief Warrant Officer Deacon “Deke” Reynolds in the action-adventure television series, Soldier of Fortune, Inc., which revolved around an elite team (composed of mostly former military personnel) who performed “unofficial” missions for the U.S. Government.
- Rodman holds the distinction of being the first man to have posed naked for the popular animal rights group, PETA. In 2005, he had been featured in the Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur campaign.
- In 2005, he released his second autobiography I Should Be Dead by Now. And, he promoted his new book by sitting in a coffin.
- His first autobiography was called Bad As I Wanna Be. To promote it, he famously wore a wedding dress at the launch event of the book.
- In course of his professional basketball career, he won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award on two occasions. He was also included in the NBA All-Defensive First Team seven times.
- In April 2010, in recognition of his tremendous performances, the Detroit Pistons decided to retire the number 10 jersey that he wore during his stay with them.
- He was an average athlete in his high school days, due to his short height, and often had to contend with sitting on the bench for basketball teams. However, after completing high school, he experienced a sudden growth spurt that eventually got him on the Cooke County College team.
- After graduating from high school, he briefly worked at the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport as an overnight janitor.
- During his short and eventful wrestling career, he achieved the distinction of being the first-ever winner of the Celebrity Championship Wrestling tournament.
- In December 1999, he was taken under arrest on charges of driving under the influence and without a license. He eventually pleaded guilty to both the charges and was ordered to attend a three-month treatment program and pay a $2,000 fine.
- In 2002, he was arrested for interfering with the police investigation, at a restaurant he owned, following claims of a code violation. The case against him was eventually dropped.
- After he moved base to Newport Beach, California, the police were reportedly called to his residence on more than seventy occasions after complaints of loud parties.
- In August 2000, he was slapped with a $10 million lawsuit by actress Tina New after she had accused him of raping her in the summer of 1999. She claimed that they had met at a bar, following which she was bundled into a car by his bodyguards. On reaching his house, she was given a drink that was drugged and then she was raped by him.
- He is the first professional player in the history of the NBA to have won five NBA championships with two different teams. He has won twice with Detroit Pistons (1989, 1990), and thrice with Chicago Bulls (1996, 1997, 1998).
- After he was involved in a car accident on Interstate 5 near Santa Ana, California, in July 2016, he was charged with hit and run, driving without a license, and lying to a police officer.
- In April 2008, he was arrested by the LA police authorities following his involvement in a domestic violence incident. After he pleaded no contest to spousal battery charges, he was sentenced to three years of probation and domestic violence counseling for a year.
- In July 2015, he publicly backed Donald Trump for the 2016 Presidential Elections. In doing so, he became one of the few black personalities to have stood up for the controversial businessman. Rodman even went on to tweet that “Donald Trump has been a great friend for many years. We don’t need another politician, we need a businessman like Mr. Trump! Trump 2016.”
- NBA.com has called him the best rebounding forward in the history of professional basketball.
- He was the leader for the average rebounds per game for seven consecutive seasons starting from 1991-1992 till the 1997-1998 season.
- In recognition of his achievements as a professional basketball player, he was added to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2011.
- For his acting performance in the box office flop Double Team, he won three Razzie Awards for Worst New Star, Worst Supporting Actor, and Worst Screen Couple (along with Van Damme).
- In January 1997, he was suspended and fined by NBA for kicking a photographer while playing for Chicago Bulls against Minnesota. He had to sit out for eleven games and went on to lose more than $1 million in salaries.
- He was found asleep in a truck in a parking lot with a loaded gun in February 1993, leading to rumors that he was suicidal. However, he refuted such rumors.
- A Las Vegas-based waitress filed a lawsuit accusing Rodman of groping her. In July 2000, they managed to settle out-of-court.
- In 2010, he told The Star Tribune that he had slept with 2,000 women. Out of them, around 500 or more were golddiggers.
- His father died of prostate cancer in the Philippines at age 79 on July 14, 2020. Until 2012, Dennis was estranged from his father and once said, “I haven’t seen my father in more than 30 years, so what’s there to miss … I just look at it like this: Some man brought me into this world. That doesn’t mean I have a father”.
Featured Image by Gabbo T / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0