|Danny Trejo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1944|
Danny Trejo is an American actor who is best known for playing the character Isador Cortez aka Machete in the Spy Kids and Machete movie franchises. He is well recognized for his work in several other films including Desperado (1995), Heat (1995), and Con Air (1997). Danny has also played numerous supporting or guest roles in TV series such as King of the Hill (2003-2010), The Young and the Restless (2008), Sons of Anarchy (2011-2012), Saint George (2014), and From Dusk till Dawn: The Series (2015). He was inducted into the ‘Texas Film Hall of Fame’ in March 2012.
Danny, The Mayor
Temple Street, Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Dionisio ‘Dan’ Trejo (Construction Worker)
- Mother – Alice Rivera
- Others – Robert Rodriguez (Second Cousin) (Filmmaker, Visual Effects Supervisor), Patricia Vonne (née Rodriguez) (Second Cousin) (Singer, Actress), Angela Lanza (Second Cousin) (Actress), Dionisio Trejo Torres (Paternal Grandfather), Isabel Garay (Paternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Gloria Hinojosa, Manager and Booking Agent, Amsel, Eisenstadt, Frazier & Hinojosa (AEFH) Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny has dated –
- Debbie Shreve (1997–2009) – Danny had started dating actress Debbie Shreve in 1997 and they got married later that year, on December 12, 1997. They have a daughter together named Esmeralda Trejo. The couple got divorced in 2009.
He has 3 sons named Danny Boy Trejo (b. 1981), Jose Trejo (b. 1991), and Gilbert Trejo (Actor) (b. March 8, 1988); and a daughter named Danielle Trejo (Actress) (b. June 14, 1990) from a previous unnamed relationship(s).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Toned physique
- Has a tattoo on his chest depicting a woman wearing a sombrero
- Sports a thin mustache
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both his arms
- Often sports a ponytail
- Scarred, puffy face
- Gruff voice
Danny has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- ESPN Monday Night Football – This Guy (2009)
- Old El Paso taco sauce (2011-2012, 2014) (Voice-Over)
- Old El Paso’s smoky BBQ fajitas (2013) (UK)
- Snickers (2015)
- Sling TV (2016)
Danny Trejo Facts
- He had been in and out of prison throughout the 1960s and 1970s owing to various reasons including armed robbery and drug offenses; and his last jail term had lasted nearly 5 years. While serving one such term in San Quentin State Prison, he had developed an interest in boxing and had become that prison’s lightweight and welterweight champion.
- Danny and Robert Rodriguez were unaware of the fact that they were 2nd cousins until the filming of the 1995 film Desperado. Robert had written, directed, and produced the film while Danny had played the character of Navajas.
- In the mid and late 2010s, he had launched several successful restaurants in Los Angeles including Trejo’s Tacos (2016), Trejo’s Cantina (2017), and Trejo’s Coffee & Donuts (2017). He had published a book titled Trejo’s Tacos: Recipes and Stories from L.A.: A Cookbook in April 2020.
- In August 2019, he had rescued a 5-year-old child who was trapped in an overturned SUV that had collided with a car at a busy intersection.
Featured Image by Danny Trejo / Instagram