|Bill Simmons Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1969|
Bill Simmons is an American sports analyst, author, podcaster, and former sportswriter who is best known as the founder and CEO of a sports and pop culture website called The Ringer. On the website, he hosts a podcast titled The Bill Simmons Podcast and is also well recognized for his unique blend of sportswriting that is characterized by a humorous mix of sports analysis with pop culture references and personal life experiences. He had first come into the spotlight in 2001 when he was hired by ESPN where he had written for ESPN.com, hosted a podcast titled The B.S. Report, and worked until 2015. He had then hosted, for a year, a talk show titled Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons on HBO before launching The Ringer in 2016.
William John Simmons III
Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bill had attended the Greenwich Country Day School in Connecticut and then the Brunswick School in Greenwich, Connecticut. He had completed, in 1988, a postgraduate year at Choate Rosemary Hall, a college preparatory school in Wallingford, Connecticut.
Thereafter, he had joined the College of the Holy Cross, a private Jesuit liberal arts college in Worcester, Massachusetts, and had graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. He had then attended Boston University from where he had earned, in 1994, a master’s degree in print journalism.
Sports Analyst, Author, Podcaster, Sportswriter
- Father – William Simmons (School Administrator)
- Mother – Jan Corbo
- Others – Molly Clark (Step-Mother) (Doctor)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill has dated –
- Kari Crichton (1997–Present) – Bill began dating Kari Crichton in 1997 and the couple got married in 1999. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Zoe Simmons (b. May 2, 2005) and a son named Benjamin Oakley Simmons aka ‘The CEO’ (b. November 1, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a rugged beard
Bill Simmons Facts
- He had revealed in an interview that he had read a sports book titled The Breaks of the Game in his childhood and it had been the key instrument in his inclination towards sportswriting.
- While studying at the College of the Holy Cross, he used to write a column titled Ramblings for the school paper known as The Crusader. He had later served as the paper’s sports editor. He had also initiated the publication of an underground, handwritten magazine titled The Velvet Edge.
- Having lived for several years in the state of Massachusetts, he has had a special love for the city of Boston and is a staunch supporter of several Boston-based sports teams including the Boston Red Sox (baseball), the New England Patriots (American football), and the Boston Celtics (basketball). He had also mentioned once that he used to support the Boston Bruins (ice hockey) as well but the team’s poor management had led him to lose interest.
- The initials of his son’s name, BOS (Benjamin Oakley Simmons) is also a tribute to Boston.
- With $82.5 million as the income, Bill was the 13th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
Featured Image by Bill Simmons / Instagram