|Carl Reiner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1922|
Carl Reiner was an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, director, and publisher whose notable credits include creating the iconic sitcom, The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-1966). His Instagram and Facebook accounts have more than 100k followers and his Twitter account has more than 400k followers.
Carl was born on March 20, 1922.
He died on June 29, 2020, in California from natural causes at the age of 98.
The Bronx, New York, United States
Actor, Director, Comedian, Screenwriter, Publisher
- Father – Irving Reiner (Watchmaker)
- Mother – Bessie Mathias
- Siblings – Charlie Reiner (Older Brother)
Observational Comedy, Sketch Comedy, Satire, Surreal Humor, Black Comedy, Deadpan
American Culture, Current Events, Human Interaction, Self-Deprecation, Pop Culture
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carl had dated –
- Estelle Lebost (1941-2008) – Carl was married to singer and actress Estelle Lebost from December 24, 1943, till Estelle’s passing on October 25, 2008. The couple had 2 sons – Robert Reiner (b. March 6, 1947) and Lucas Reiner (b. August 17, 1960), and a daughter named Annie Reiner (b. May 11, 1949).
Race / Ethnicity
He had Austrian ancestry on his father’s side and was of Romanian descent on his mother’s side.
However, his hair had turned gray with his advancing age.
Carl Reiner Favorite Things
- People To Follow On Twitter – Judd Apatow, Sarah Silverman, Amy Schumer, Mel Brooks, Rob Reiner, Donald Trump
Source – Vulture
Carl Reiner Facts
- He served in World War II and was honorably discharged in 1946.
- In 2000, his directorial film The Jerk (1979) starring Steve Martin was ranked at #89 on the list of AFI’s 100 Years…100 Laughs.
- Mel Brooks was his lifelong best friend.
- Carl and his son Rob were the first father-and-son duo to get their footprints and handprints etched in a concrete slab outside the TCL Chinese Theatre in 2017.
Featured Image by Angela George / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0