|Rob Reiner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1947|
Rob Reiner is an American actor, voice actor, writer, producer, and director who initially gained acclaim by playing the character of Michael “Meathead” Stivic in the CBS sitcom All in the Family (1971-1979), a role that earned him 2 Primetime Emmy Awards in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor – Comedy Series” category in 1974 and 1978. As a director, he has worked on movies like Stand by Me, When Harry Met Sally…, The Princess Bride, A Few Good Men, The Bucket List, and Alex & Emma. He has also been cast in acting roles in a variety of films including Throw Momma from the Train, The Wolf of Wall Street, Sleepless in Seattle, Bullets Over Broadway, The First Wives Club, and Shock and Awe.
Robert Norman Reiner
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
California, United States
Rob Reiner studied at Beverly Hills High School from where he graduated in 1964. He then attended the University of California, Los Angeles and majored in Drama.
Actor, Voice Actor, Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – Carl Reiner (March 20, 1922 – June 29, 2020) (Actor, Stand-up Comedian, Director, Screenwriter, Author)
- Mother – Estelle Reiner (née Lebost) (June 5, 1914 – October 25, 2008) (Actor, Singer)
- Siblings – Sylvia Anne Reiner (Younger Sister) (Author, Playwright, Poet, Singer), Lucas Joseph Reiner (Younger Brother) (Painter, Printmaker, Photographer, Filmmaker)
- Others – Irving Usher Reiner (Paternal Grandfather) (Watchmaker), Bessie Mathias (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Lebost (Maternal Grandfather), Minnie (Maternal Grandmother), Charlie Reiner (Paternal Uncle)
Rob Reiner has been signed with Rob Reiner Productions, Inc., Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $200 Million.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Reiner has dated –
- Penny Marshall (1971-1981) – He married actor, director, and producer Penny Marshall on April 10, 1971, and adopted her daughter, actor Tracy Reiner, from Marshall’s previous marriage to Michael Henry. Rob Reiner and Penny Marshall divorced in 1981.
- Michele Singer (1989-Present) – Rob Reiner met photographer Michele Singer while directing the comedy-drama film When Harry Met Sally… and they married in 1989. They have 3 children – 2 sons named Nick Reiner and Jake Reiner and a daughter named Romy Reiner.
Race / Ethnicity
Rob Reiner is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Often includes references to his previous films in his work
On January 13, 2012, he identified himself as having no religious affiliation in an episode of Real Time with Bill Maher and stated that he was an atheist.
Rob Reiner Favorite Things
- Film – It’s a Wonderful Life
- Sports Film Of All Time – The Hustler (1961)
- Film That He Directed – Stand by Me (1986)
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Carroll O’Connor
Source – IMDb
Rob Reiner Facts
- He directed the 1992 legal drama film A Few Good Men and it was nominated for Academy Award for “Best Picture” and Rob was nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the “Best Director” category.
- He was cast as Jay Mathews in the 1993 romantic comedy-drama film Sleepless in Seattle.
- Alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, Matthew McConaughey, Kyle Chandler, Jon Favreau, and Jean Dujardin, he co-starred as Max Belfort in the 2013 biographical black comedy crime film The Wolf of Wall Street.
- In 2017, he portrayed the character of David Blankenhorn in the 8-part docudrama miniseries When We Rise.
- He has been friends with Richard Dreyfuss, Billy Crystal, Bea Arthur, and Michael Douglas.
- He was also friends with actor and comedian Robin Williams.
- He is a huge fan of the rock band The Beach Boys.
- He has campaigned extensively for Democratic candidates over the years and has called Donald Trump racist, s*xist, anti-gay, and anti-Semitic while also comparing him to the Nazi police at Auschwitz.
- He endorsed Joe Biden for president in the 2020 election.
Featured Image by Montclair Film / Flickr / CC BY 2.0