|Kyle Chandler Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1965|
Kyle Chandler is a talented actor. He is known for his roles in The Color of Evening, Pure Country, Angel’s Dance, King Kong, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Super 8, Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Broken City, The Spectacular Now, The Wolf of Wall Street, Carol, Manchester by the Sea, The Vanishing of Sidney Hall, Game Night, First Man, Homefront, Early Edition, The Lyon’s Den, Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, and Family Guy. Kyle was also a part of the 1979 state championship football team.
Kyle Martin Fitzgerald Chandler
Buffalo, New York, United States
Dripping Springs, Texas, United States
Kyle Chandler studied at George Walton Academy in Monroe, Georgia and graduated in 1983. Later, he attended the University of Georgia and enrolled as a Drama major.
However, in 1988, he dropped out of college to pursue a career in television. He fell short of 7 credits to obtain his bachelor’s degree.
- Father – Edward Chandler (Pharmaceutical Sales Representative)
- Mother – Sally Jeanette (née Meyer) (Dog Breeder)
- Siblings – Brian Chandler (Older Brother) (Attorney in Houston, Texas). He has 2 other older siblings as well.
- Others – Beau Garrett (Cousin) (Actress), Autumn Garrett (Cousin), Harold J. Chandler (Paternal Grandfather), Edmond /Edmund Chandler (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Elicia /Alicia Grace (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Grace E. Hackford (Paternal Grandmother), Stephen Hackford (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Charlotte “Lottie” Drew (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Edward Joseph Meyer, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Edward Joseph “E.J.” Meyer (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Etta /Edda Glasser (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Elsie R. Braun (Maternal Grandmother), Peter J. Braun (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Eleanor “Nellie” M. Rosenbach (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Kyle Chandler is managed by –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kyle Chandler has dated –
- Kathryn Macquarrie – In the mid-1990s, Kyle met Kathryn Macquarrie at a dog park. The couple soon fell in love and began a relationship. Eventually, they tied the knot in 1995. They are blessed with 2 daughters – Sydney Chandler and Sawyer Chandler.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, and Irish ancestry.
- Broad jawline
- Longer chin
- Droopy eyes
Kyle Chandler has done endorsement work for various brands including Frito-Lays.
He was raised as a Roman Catholic. However, he stopped going to church after his father’s death.
Best Known For
His versatile roles in films and TV series including Bloodline (2015–2017) as John Rayburn, Grey’s Anatomy (2006–2007) as Dylan Young, Friday Night Lights (2006–2011) as Eric Taylor, Early Edition (1996–2000) as Gary Hobson, King Kong (2005) as Bruce Baxter, The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) as John Driscoll, Super 8 (2011) as Jackson Lamb, Argo (2012) as Hamilton Jordan, Zero Dark Thirty (2012) as Joseph Bradley, The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) as Patrick Denham, Carol (2015) as Harge Aird, Manchester by the Sea (2016) as Joe Chandler, and Game Night (2018) as Brooks Davis
In 1990, he made his theatrical film debut in the romantic drama film, The Color of Evening, as John.
First TV Show
In 1989, he made his first TV show appearance in the historical war drama series, China Beach, as Grunt.
In 2008, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor by voicing the character of Tucker Mardell in the animated comedy-drama series, King of the Hill. However, his role went uncredited.
In 2011, he made his credited TV show debut as a voice actor in the animated action comedy series, Robot Chicken.
Kyle Chandler refers to his fitness level as “intermediate”. He likes to go for a little swim, do sit-ups and push-ups, and use the free weights during winter. While in summers, he likes to play golf, tennis, football, and a bit of baseball; and go bicycling and swimming. He also loves hiking.
As for his diet, his meals include the following –
- Breakfast – A cup of coffee and a cinnamon raisin bagel
- Lunch – Salad with fruit, cottage cheese, and tuna
- Dinner – Salad and fish or grilled chicken prepared by his wife, followed by a pizza as a second dinner.
Kyle Chandler Favorite Things
- All-Time Favorite Film – Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- Restaurants – Eddie V’s in Austin, Musso & Frank Grill in Los Angeles, and Peter Luger Steak House in New York
Source – Vanity Fair
Kyle Chandler Facts
- Till the age of 11, he lived in suburban Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Later, his family acquired a small farm and they moved to Loganville, Georgia.
- As a child, he often traveled with his parents to various dog shows.
- He played football while he was at the Walton Academy and was a part of the state championship football team of 1979.
- Kyle stopped playing football after his father’s death (due to heart attack) in 1980.
- He was a member of the Sigma Nu fraternity of 1984.
- He had an acting teacher named Milton Katselas.
- Before landing as a series regular, he worked in many bars and went for several auditions.
- Apart from his acting career, he is also a volunteer firefighter in Dripping Springs, Texas.
- Kyle enjoys cooking.
- He also loves playing paintball.
- Chandler, along with his daughter Sawyer, is an active protestor in the practice of shark finning.
- Kyle has also been involved in raising funds for football players who have had spinal injuries by participating in a charity golf tournament held annually at Wolfdancer.
- He has a souvenir, a faux “Bruce Baxter” poster from King Kong (2005), in his bedroom.
- He and his wife Kathryn Chandler are godparents to actors Daphne Ashbrook and Lorenzo Lamas’ child, Paton Ashbrook.
- In September 2007, he got a star near Orion’s Belt named after him.
- One of the odd jobs he did earlier in his career was that of a nightclub bouncer.
- He has been a part of many films that have been nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars such as Argo (2012), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013), and Manchester by the Sea (2016).
- He has also worked with Oscar-winning directors like Peter Jackson, Kathryn Bigelow, and Martin Scorsese.
- Kyle keeps several dogs and donkeys at his home in Texas.
- In March 2021, he was included in the People‘s “Sexiest Men Alive” list in the “Sexy at Every Age” category.
- He does not have any social media account.
Featured Image by Kyle Chandler Fan Page / Instagram