|Dexter Jackson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1969|
Dexter Jackson is an American IFBB professional bodybuilder who is known for being the 2008 Mr. Olympia bodybuilding champion. He has also won numerous awards in several bodybuilding competitions such as the Arnold Classic, Masters Olympia, IFBB Australian Pro Grand Prix, Dubai Pro, Prague Pro, FIBO Pro, Pro Masters World Champion, San Francisco Pro Invitational, and Show of Strength Pro Championship. In 2009, he also created his own bodybuilding competition called “The Dexter Classic”.
Born Place / Residence
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
IFBB Professional bodybuilder
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
- Contest – 98 kg or 216 pounds
- Off-Season – 104-107 kg or 230-236 pounds
Dexter had married Carol in the past. They are now separated.
Race / Ethnicity
Dexter is bald.
His body measurements are as –
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 21 in or 53 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
- Thighs – 29 in or 74 cm
- Neck – 19 in or 48 cm
Dexter teamed up with Infinite Labs to launch “Blade Nutrition” in 2013.
Best Known For
Winning the 2008 IFBB Mr. Olympia bodybuilding competition.
Dexter Jackson does a heavy workout. It is self-explanatory as he is a pro bodybuilder. For the 2008 IFBB Mr. Olympia, he did this workout, before the competition started.
He starts with cardio for 30 minutes as warm-up exercises. Dexter does so two times a day (morning and evening sessions) and for 6 times a week.
Monday – Quads
- Leg Extensions – 4 sets of 20-30 reps
- Squats – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Hack Squats – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Leg Extensions – 3 sets of 10 reps
Tuesday – Chest & Calves
- Barbell Bench Press – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Standing Calf Raises – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Calf Raises – 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Wednesday – Back
- Lat Pulldowns – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- T-Bar Rows – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Deadlifts – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Cable Rows – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Thursday – Shoulders & Hams
- Dumbbell Press – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Lying Side Laterals – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Rear Delt Raises – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Leg Curls – 5 sets of 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift – 4 sets of 10 reps
Friday – Biceps & Triceps
- EZ-Bar Curls – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Hammer Curls – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Preacher Curls – 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Tricep Pushdowns – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dips – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Rope Pushdowns – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Jackson also focus on his abs and does the following workout –
- Crunches – 3 sets of 50 reps
- Knee-ups – 3 sets of 40 reps
- Cable Crunches – 3 sets of 30 reps
Dexter Jackson Facts
- He was placed at number 5 in the 2013 Mr. Olympia bodybuilding contest.
- Dexter won the IFBB Australian Pro Grand Prix and Arnold Classic in 2013.
- Dexter and Chris Dickerson are the only ones who have won both Mr. Olympia and Masters Olympia bodybuilding contests.
- He has been featured and pictured on the cover of Flex Magazine and Muscular Development magazine.
- As a child, he was a 4th-degree black belt, gymnast, and breakdancer.
- He has a habit of collecting DVDs and has already collected more than 400.
- Dexter claims that he is unbeatable at Madden on Playstation.
- Dexter has released his documentary in 2009 titled “Dexter Jackson: Unbreakable”. It was filmed by Alex Ardenti of Ardenti Films.
- He won Flex’s “Athlete of the Year Male” award in 2013.