|Iain De Caestecker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1987|
Iain De Caestecker is a Scottish actor and voice actor who is known for his roles like Adam Barlow in the soap opera Coronation Street, Agent Leo Fitz in the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Roddy in the romantic comedy film Not Another Happy Ending, Paul Roberts in the supernatural drama miniseries The Fades, Adam in the independent drama film Shell, Tom in the psychological horror film In Fear, Bones in the fantasy thriller film Lost River, Duncan Nock in the 4-part television thriller miniseries Roadkill, and Private Morton Chase in the alternate history action horror film Overlord. Moreover, he has also been cast in several other projects including Ultimate Spider-Man vs. the Sinister 6, Monarch of the Glen, Us, Lip Service, River City, Young James Herriot, The Secret of Crickley Hall, 16 Years of Alcohol, The Little Vampire, and Liam and Lenka.
Iain De Caestecker
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Iain De Caestecker studied at Hillhead Primary School and later attended Langside College, from where he finished an HND in Acting and Performance.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – He is a medical doctor.
- Mother – Linda De Caestecker (Medical Doctor, Director of Public Health (DPH) for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (the largest health board in Scotland), Honorary Professor at the University of Glasgow)
- Siblings – Iain has a twin sister and 2 older brothers.
Iain De Caestecker has been signed with Hamilton Hodell, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Iain De Caestecker is of Scottish and Belgian descent.
Iain De Caestecker Facts
- He made his theatrical film debut as Nigel McAshton, one of Lord McAshton’s grandsons who pick on Tony at school, in the 2000 comedy horror film The Little Vampire.
- Iain De Caestecker once said, “Acting was always just something I knew I wanted to do, which I feel very fortunate for. And yes, my mum was always very supportive. But she- I think basically when I got to 16, I think she basically said, look, ‘Spend a year,’ because I was acting at that point and she said, ‘Spend a year. Please concentrate hard in school and try and get the grades to do medicine. And if you do and you still want to do it, I’ll support you all the way.’ And so I did. And I got the grades to do medicine. And still after that I said, look, I’d really like to pursue acting.”
- He brought to life the character of Darren in the television drama show Lip Service in 2010.
- In 2011, Iain portrayed the character of veterinary surgeon James Herriot in the 3-part television drama Young James Herriot.
- He provided vocals to the character of Fillan McCarthy in the video game Assassin’s Creed III in 2012.
- In 2013, Iain De Caestecker appeared in the music video for the song Please Don’t Say You Love Me by Gabrielle Aplin.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0