|Beau Biden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1969|
Beau Biden was an American politician, lawyer, and officer in the Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps from Wilmington, Delaware who served as the 44th Attorney General of Delaware and was a Major in the Delaware Army National Guard. He was the oldest of 3 children born to U.S. President Joe Biden and his first wife, Neilia Hunter Biden.
Joseph Robinette Biden III
He was born on February 3, 1969.
On May 30, 2015, he died of glioblastoma at the age of 46 in Bethesda, Maryland, United States.
St. Joseph’s on the Brandywine, Greenville, Delaware, United States
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
He attended Archmere Academy and then graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1991. At university, he was a member of the Psi Upsilon fraternity. Just like his father, he also graduated from Syracuse University College of Law.
Politician, Lawyer, Officer in the Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- Father – Joe Biden (46th President of the United States, 47th Vice President of the United States from 2009 to 2017 under Barack Obama)
- Mother – Neilia Hunter Biden (Teacher)
- Siblings – Hunter Biden (Younger Brother) (Businessman, Lobbyist, Lawyer, and Hedge fund, venture capital, and private-equity fund investor), Naomi Christina “Amy” Biden (1971-1972) (Younger Sister) (Was killed in an automobile accident while Christmas shopping with her mother Neilia in Hockessin, Delaware)
- Others – Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Catherine Eugenia “Jean” Biden (née Finnegan) (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Hunter (Maternal Grandfather), Louise (née Basel) (Maternal Grandmother), Jill Biden (Stepmother) (Educator), Ashley Biden (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Social Worker, Activist, Philanthropist, Fashion Designer), Naomi (Niece), Finnegan (Niece), Maisy (Niece), Beau (Nephew)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Beau Biden had dated –
- Hallie Olivere (2002-2015) – He married Hallie Olivere in 2002 and the duo was blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Natalie Naomi Biden (b. 2004) and a son named Robert Hunter Biden II (b. 2006). The duo remained married until his death in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Irish, English, German, French, Scottish, and Welsh descent on his father’s side.
His unbreakable bond with his father
Beau Biden Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Songs – You Get What You Give by New Radicals
Source – Wikipedia
Beau Biden Facts
- He was just 4 years when his mother and younger sister were killed in an automobile accident while he himself sustained multiple broken bones and his brother Hunter sustained injuries to his skull.
- Beau and Hunter were recovering in hospital where their father was sworn into the U.S. Senate in January 1973. The 2 brothers also encouraged their father to remarry often asking him “when were ‘we’ going to get married”.
- Beau Biden was an Iraq War veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his services in Iraq.
- Army Chief of Staff Raymond Odierno delivered the eulogy at his funeral and presented a posthumous Legion of Merit for his service in the Delaware National Guard, stating “Beau Biden possessed the traits I have witnessed in only the greatest leaders.”
- Beau suffered from a brain tumor for the final few years of his life.
- The day his father was sworn in as president, the band New Radicals reunited for the first time in 22 years to perform their 1998 hit song You Get What You Give, one of Beau’s favorite songs, during an inauguration performance.
- He was a fan of Coldplay and Chris Martin performed a solo rendition of the song Til Kingdom Come at his funeral service.
Featured Image by Lonnie Tague / United States Department of Justice / Public Domain