|Dr. Jill Biden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1951|
Dr. Jill Biden is an American educator who served as the Second Lady of the United States from 2009 till 2017 when her husband Joe Biden was the Vice President. She has more than 2.6 million followers on Twitter, more than 100k followers on Instagram, and more than 230k followers on Facebook.
Jill Tracy Jacobs
Dr. Jill Biden
Hammonton, New Jersey, United States
Jill went to Upper Moreland High School and graduated in 1969.
In 1981, she got a Master of Education degree with a specialty in reading from West Chester University.
In 1987, Biden got a Master of Arts (her second graduate degree) in English from Villanova University.
From the University of Delaware, she received a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in educational leadership in January 2007. She was 55 at that time.
- Father – Donald Jacobs (Bank teller and U.S. Navy signalman during World War II)
- Mother – Bonny Godfrey (Homemaker)
- Siblings – She has 4 younger sisters.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dr. Jill has dated –
- Bill Stevenson (1970-1975) – She was married to Bill Stevenson from February 1970 until May 1975.
- Joe Biden (1975-Present) – Jill is happily married to politician Joe Biden since June 17, 1977. She gave birth to her daughter Ashley Biden on June 8, 1981. Additionally, she is also the stepmother of Joe’s sons Beau Biden (died. 2015) and Hunter Biden.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian and German ancestry on her father’s side and is of German, English, Scottish, French Huguenot, and Dutch descent on her mother’s side.
Dr. Jill Biden Favorite Things
- Comfort Food – French fries
- Holiday Food – Christmas cookies
- TV Show – The Good Wife
Dr. Jill Biden Facts
- She held a full-time job as a professor during her tenure as the Second Lady of the United States; making her the first person in her position to do so.
- Jill is a passionate marathon runner.
- She has lent her support towards uplifting military families and raising awareness for breast cancer.
- Inspired by her stepson Beau’s deployment to Iraq, she published the book, Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops in 2012.
- She started working at the age of 15 and has worked as a waitress in Ocean City, New Jersey.
- While in high school, she was somewhat rebellious, a prankster, and good at studies.
- Biden has taught adolescents with emotional disabilities at a psychiatric hospital.
- For 13 years, she has also taught English and reading in high schools.
- She has also served as an English and writing instructor at the Delaware Technical & Community College from 1993 to 2008.
- In 2009, she started as a professor of English at Northern Virginia Community College.
- Dr. Biden is the founder of the Biden Breast Health Initiative non-profit organization.
- She has co-founded the Book Buddies program.
- Dr. Jill is also the co-founder of Biden Foundation.
- She is also credited for being the co-founder of Joining Forces with Michelle Obama.
- She authored a book titled Joey: The Story of Joe Biden published by Simon & Schuster in 2020.
- Published in 2019 by Flatiron Books, she wrote a book titled Where the Light Enters: Building a Family, Discovering Myself.
- In January 2021, Dr. Jill was not invited by Melania Trump (First Lady at that time) to give a walkthrough of the White House residence which is actually a tradition, having been followed by each outgoing First Lady until that time.
- Jill and Joe previously had a German Shepherd named Champ who passed away in June 2021 at the age of 13.
- Dr. Jill had graced the cover of Vogue magazine’s August 2021 issue.
- In July 2021, Dr. Jill Biden underwent a medical procedure at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland to remove an object that got inside her foot while she was walking on a Hawaiian beach.
- In August 2022, it was revealed that Jill had tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by White House / Wikimedia / Public Domain