|Doug Emhoff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1964|
Doug Emhoff is an American lawyer who garnered media attention after his wife Kamala Harris became the running mate of Democratic challenger Joe Biden in the 2020 elections. He has more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 400k followers on Twitter.
New York City, New York, United States
Doug attended Agoura High School and graduated in 1982.
He studied at California State University, Northridge and received his B.A. degree. Furthermore, he enrolled at the USC Gould School of Law and completed his Juris Doctor degree.
- Father – Michael Emhoff
- Mother – Barbara Emhoff
- Siblings – Jamie Emhoff (Older Sister), Andy Emhoff (Younger Brother) (Firefighter)
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Doug has dated –
- Kerstin Mackin – Doug was previously married to producer Kerstin Mackin and they have a son named Cole Emhoff and a daughter named Ella Emhoff together. The couple got divorced amicably after 25 years of marriage.
- Kamala Harris (2013-Present) – He married senator Kamala Harris on August 22, 2014, in a court wedding that was officiated by Kamala’s sister, Maya Harris.
Race / Ethnicity
However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper with his advancing age.
Doug Emhoff Facts
- He was born 7 days before his wife Kamala, whose birthdate is October 20, 1964.
- He is a keen golfer and enjoys playing fantasy football.
- As of 2020, Doug is one of the only 3 male spouses of a female vice presidential running mate on a major party ticket. The other two are Todd Palin (husband of Sarah Palin) and John Zaccaro (husband of Geraldine Ferraro).
- He shares a close friendship with other political spouses like Chasten Buttigieg and Jill Biden.
- Kamala’s victory in the 2020 elections would make Doug the first Second Gentleman of the United States.
- In 2020, he received his own social media hashtag #DougHive.
- In January 2021, Doug’s daughter Ella Emhoff signed a modeling contract with IMG Models. In February 2021, Ella made her runway debut.
- He is the first ‘Second Gentleman’ in the history of the United States because his wife Kamala is also the first female Vice President. After all this, Merriam Webster also added the word ‘Second Gentleman’ to their dictionary.
- In March 2022, it was revealed that Doug had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Doug Emhoff / Instagram