|Ella Emhoff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 29, 1999|
Ella Emhoff is an American model, artist, and fashion designer who came into the spotlight in 2021 after the inauguration of Kamala Harris, her step-mother, as the 49th Vice President of the United States. She had made a surprise runway debut soon after, a few days after signing a contract with the renowned modeling agency, IMG Models. Before this, she had worked as an independent designer, creating jackets, hats, coats, knitted shorts, ceramics, paintings, and drawings; all of which she used to market and sell through her Instagram account and her website.
Ella Rose Emhoff
The First Daughter of Bushwick
Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Ella had graduated, in 2018, from Wildwood School, an independent progressive K–12 school in Los Angeles. She had then joined the Parsons School of Design, a private art and design college in Greenwich Village, Manhattan, New York City.
She was a member of the class of 2021 there, majoring in fine arts with a concentrated focus on apparel and textiles.
Model, Artist, Fashion Designer
- Father – Douglas ‘Doug’ Craig Emhoff (Entertainment Lawyer, Second Gentleman of the United States, First-Ever Husband of a U.S. Vice President)
- Mother – Kerstin Emhoff (née Mackin) (Film Producer, Founder and CEO of the Production Company Prettybird)
- Siblings – Cole Emhoff (Older Brother) (Entertainment Industry Executive)
- Others – Michael Emhoff (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Emhoff (Paternal Grandmother), Andy Emhoff (Paternal Uncle) (Firefighter), Jamie Emhoff (Paternal Aunt), Kamala Harris (Step-Mother) (Politician, Attorney, 49th Vice President of the United States, First Female Vice President of the United States, the Highest-Ranking Female official in U.S. History, First African American and First Asian American Vice President of the United States, Former Attorney General of California), Maya Lakshmi Harris (Step-Aunt) (Lawyer, Public Policy Advocate, Writer), Meena Harris (Step-Cousin) (Lawyer, Author, Activist)
She is represented by –
- IMG Models, International Modeling Agency, New York City, New York, United States
- Joseph Charles Viola, Manager and Booking Agent, Joseph Charles Viola LLC, New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ella has dated –
- Sam Hine (2021-Present) – In August 2021, during an interview, Ella confirmed her relationship with the GQ editor, Sam Hine.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side and Swedish descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, curly hair
- Radiant face
- Has tattoos on both her arms
Ella Emhoff Facts
- At Wildwood School, Ella was a member of both the swimming as well as basketball teams.
- She was named after the late American jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald who had passed away in 1996, about 3 years before Ella Emhoff’s birth.
- Although her father’s ancestors were practitioners of Judaism and her mother’s ancestors had practiced Lutheranism, a spokesperson for Ella had mentioned that she was not Jewish but had not commented on the latter.
- After her parents’ divorce in 2009, her father had married Kamala Harris in 2014. She and her brother Cole had coined the affectionate term ‘Momala’ for Kamala.
- She is a member of ‘The 3% Movement’, an organization that pushes for increasing the number of female creative directors in the United States.
- In July 2021, Ella made her Paris Fashion Week debut for Balenciaga couture’s Fall/Winter 2021/2022 show.
Featured Image by Ella Emhoff / Instagram