|Jermall Charlo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1990|
Jermall Charlo is an American professional boxer who had won all 32 of his professional bouts (22 of them via knockout), as of May 2022. In September 2015, in his 22nd professional bout, he won the IBF (International Boxing Federation) junior middleweight title. He had successfully defended the title in November 2015, May 2016, and December 2016. There were rumors before the December 2016 bout that he would be moving up to the middleweight division. He officially vacated his IBF light/junior middleweight title on February 16, 2017, to move up to middleweight. He had wanted to unify the light-middleweight division but there were no titlists available. His identical twin brother Jermell had held the WBC (World Boxing Council) light middleweight title at that time but Jermall had vowed never to fight his brother in a professional match and thus, the idea of trying to unify the light-middleweight division titles was dropped. In April 2018, in his 27th professional bout, Jermall clinched the vacant WBC interim middleweight title. He went on to successfully defended the title in December 2018, June 2019, December 2019, September 2020, and June 2021.
Hitman, The Future of Boxing
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Jermall had graduated from the Alief Hastings High School, a public school in Alief, Houston.
- Father – Kevin Charlo (Former Boxer)
- Mother – Terrie Charlo
- Siblings – Jermell Charlo (Identical Twin Brother) (Professional Boxer) (WBO (World Boxing Organization) Light Middleweight Champion since May 2022; WBA (World Boxing Association) (Super), IBF (International Boxing Federation), and The Ring Light Middleweight Champion (as of May 2022) since September 2020; WBC (World Boxing Council) Light Middleweight Champion (as of May 2022) since December 2019; WBC Light Middleweight Champion between May 2016 and December 2018). He also has an older sister.
- Others – Chy Westbrook (Sister-in-Law), Elijah (Nephew). He has another nephew and a niece.
Light Middleweight, Middleweight
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
Jermall Charlo’s net worth had been $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jermall has dated –
- Shantel Charlo – Through his long-term marriage to a woman named Shantel, Jermall has 5 children – 4 sons and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
He often tends to dye his hair light brown.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, afro hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Has tattoos on both his hands and entire chest
Jermall Charlo Facts
- He is older than his identical twin brother and fellow professional boxer Jermell by one minute.
- The brothers both took to boxing when they began following their father, a former boxer, into the local gym.
- Jermall, during his amateur career, was hopeful of competing in the 2008 Olympics but was forced to withdraw due to a toe injury. He ended his amateur career with a win-loss record of 65-6. His professional boxing debut was in August 2008, at the age of just 18.
- As of June 2021, he was ranked the “world’s 2nd-best active middleweight boxer” by boxrec.com, The Ring magazine, and TBRB (Transnational Boxing Rankings Board). He was also ranked the 6th-best active boxer, pound for pound, by boxrec.com.
Featured Image by Jermall Charlo / Instagram