|Chris Martin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1977|
Chris Martin is an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and philanthropist who is best known for being the lead singer, primary songwriter, and co-founder of the iconic rock band Coldplay, with which he has released globally acclaimed tracks and albums such as Hymn for the Weekend, Up&Up, A Rush of Blood to the Head, A Head Full of Dreams, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, Yellow, The Scientist, Viva la Vida, Fix You, Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, Paradise, A Sky Full of Stars, Magic, Something Just like This (with The Chainsmokers), Everyday Life, and Adventure of a Lifetime. He was included in Debrett‘s 2017 list of the most influential people in the United Kingdom.
Christopher Anthony John Martin
Exeter, Devon, England, United Kingdom
Chris went to pre-preparatory Hylton School and then, preparatory Exeter Cathedral School. He formed his first band, while in this school.
Post that, in 1990, he went to boys’ independent school Sherborne School in Dorset. He attended that school until 1995 with Phil Harvey. He formed his second band called “Bunga” while in this school.
Subsequently, he went to University College London to earn a first-class honors degree in Latin and Greek. He also met all the three future Coldplay bandmates here in this university.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician, Multi-instrumentalist, Philanthropist
- Father – Anthony Martin (Retired Accountant)
- Mother – Alison Martin (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – He has 4 younger siblings.
- Others – William Willett (Builder and inventor) (Great-Great-Grandfather), John Besley Martin (Paternal Grandfather), Muriel Pattison (Paternal Grandmother)
Phil Harvey has served as the Coldplay‘s (Chris Martin’s band) manager for many years.
Later on, Dave Holmes took the role of Coldplay manager.
Alternative Rock, Post-Britpop, Indie Rock, Pop Rock, Pop
Vocals, bass guitar, guitar, clarinet, piano, keyboards, harmonica, mandolin, glockenspiel, organ, percussion, trumpet
Parlophone, Capitol, Atlantic Records
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Martin has dated –
- Natalie Imbruglia – In 2000, Chris dated Australian singer, Natalie Imbruglia for a couple of months.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (2002-2014) – In October 2002, American actress Gwyneth Paltrow met Chris Martin during one of his concerts. They married on December 5, 2003, during a ceremony in a hotel in Southern California. Now, the couple has 2 children – daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin (b. 2004) and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin (b. 2006). They separated in March 2005 about which Gwyneth announced on March 25, 2014.
- Kate Bosworth (2009) – In October 2009, American actress Kate Bosworth and Chris were RUMORed to have hooked up in Vegas at a U2 show.
- Alexa Chung (2014) – TV presenter and talk show host, Alexa Chung and Martin were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in May 2014 when they both enjoyed their company in the trendy New York bar Elsa.
- Jennifer Lawrence (2014-2015) – From June to June 2015, American actress Jennifer Lawrence and Martin dated each other.
- Kylie Minogue (2015) – In June 2015, Chris was found walking arm in arm with Australian singer, Kylie Minogue. After Minogue performed at the British Summer Time festival in the evening, she was spotted walking with Martin late at night. This encounter was a RUMOR.
- Annabelle Wallis (2015-2017) – In August 2015, Martin started dating English actress, Annabelle Wallis. In July 2016, they were rumored to be engaged after she posted an Instagram picture with a diamond ring. They split in June 2017 when Chris was linked with Katy Perry and Dua Lipa. But, in August 2017, they reconciled. The duo again split towards the end of the year.
- Katy Perry (2017) – Just before Martin split with Annabelle in June 2017, he was linked with singer Katy Perry at Glastonbury. They looked cozy which hinted that they might be dating.
- Dua Lipa (2017) – In 2017, Chris Martin and singer Dua Lipa were linked up together when they allegedly kissed each other at a party in the VIP area. None of them approved of such things.
- Dakota Johnson (2017-2019, 2019-Present) – In December 2017, actress Dakota Johnson and Chris started dating each other. In October 2018, rumors emerged that Dakota and Chris were expecting a child together and that they had kept a gender-reveal party for the same which later proved to be false. In 2019, they had briefly separated. In December 2020, there were some engagement rumors as well.
Race / Ethnicity
Chris Martin is of English descent.
- Tall frame
- Blue eyes with blonde hair
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10.
Chris has appeared in Storm 2 commercial, Emirates commercial, and others.
Best Known For
Being a lead vocalist of the rock band Coldplay formed in 1996 by Chris Martin himself and lead guitarist Jonny Buckland when they both were at University College London (UCL).
Coldplay is a 4-member band with lead vocalist Chris Martin, lead guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer Will Champion, who also serves as a backing vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist. The band’s manager, Phil Harvey is sometimes considered as the unofficial fifth member of the band.
He is the founding member of the Coldplay band and they released their debut album Parachutes on July 10, 2000, in the UK via Parlophone. The album went 8x Platinum in Britain and 2x Platinum in America. It had total sales of 8,500,000 copies in the world.
The album charted at #1 in the UK, #2 in Australia and Ireland, #4 in New Zealand, #19 in Canada, #51 in the USA, and likewise.
In 2004, Chris Martin had a cameo role in the horror-comedy film Shaun of the Dead as himself along with another Coldplay band member, Jonny Buckland.
First TV Show
In 2006, Chris guest appeared in the sitcom Extras as himself in episode 4 of season 2 titled “Chris Martin.”
Chris Martin hits the gym on a regular basis and in 2014 with the help of one of his friends, Jay Z, he was able to bulk up and grow his lean muscles.
On the recommendation of Jay-Z, he hired a personal trainer for £110 an hour session and recently showed his buffed biceps.
He hits the gym for two hours. In 2013, he was photographed while coming out of the gym completing an intense workout.
Now, he eats meat too. In the past, he was named one among the world’s sexiest vegetarians by PETA. But, after splitting from Gwyneth Paltrow, he started eating meat too. His daughter “Apple” is a vegetarian since her birth.
Chris Martin Favorite Things
- Song – Bittersweet Symphony (By The Verve)
Source – DigitalSpy.co.uk
Chris Martin Facts
- Chris is the eldest of 5 children in his family.
- Chris formed his first band “The Rocking Honkies” when at preparatory Exeter Cathedral School. His performance was not liked by the audience.
- He met Phil Harvey, the future Coldplay manager in 1990 when both were studying in Sherborne School.
- Martin again tried to form a new band with 4 other members. This time it was called “Bunga” and it lasted for two years. At that time, Martin was in Sherborne School.
- Chris cites the Scottish rock band, Travis, as his musical influence.
- William Willett was the tireless promoter of British Summer Time and made daylight saving time a recognized practice. He was Martin’s great-great-grandfather.
- Chris gets his song ideas most frequently at night.
- He is an insomniac.
- Simon Pegg is the godfather of Martin’s daughter Apple Martin and Chris is the godfather of Simon Pegg’s daughter.
- He didn’t lose his virginity until he was 22 due to some religious issues. As per OK magazine, S*x was also a reason that Martin chose to become a rock star.
- He considers The Verve‘s Richard Ashcroft to be the greatest singer of all time.
- He wrote the song “Moses” and “Fix You” for ex-wife Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Jon Bon Jovi and Chris Martin were born on the same date – March 2.
- In 1996, Coldplay was initially named “Pectoralz” and then it was renamed “Starfish”, and finally “Coldplay” in 1998.
- With Coldplay, he has won at least 9 Brit Awards, 7 MTV Video Music Awards, 8 MTV Europe Music Awards, and 7 Grammy Awards from 35 nominations.
- As a tribute to Linkin Park‘s lead singer Chester Bennington, who died by suicide on July 20, 2017, he performed a live solo piano rendition of “Crawling” by Linkin Park in August 2017.
- In October 2020, Chris purchased a 5,338 square feet mansion in Malibu for $12.5 million and later shifted there with Dakota Johnson. In December 2021, it was revealed that he had sold the property for $14.4 million.
- He endorsed the American “defund the police” movement in 2020.
- In October 2022, it was revealed that Chris had fallen ill due to lung infection.
- In October 2022, it was revealed that Chris and Dakota Johnson had obtained a restraining order against a female stalker who was allegedly convinced that she was married to Chris. They revealed that she was stalking him online and was also loitering outside of his house.