Dakota Mayi Johnson
Austin, Texas, U.S.
Johnson went to Aspen Community School in Aspen, Colorado. Subsequently, she was enrolled at Santa Catalina School in Monterey, California for her freshman year.
Later, she entered New Roads School in Santa Monica, California.
- Father – Don Johnson (Actor)
- Mother – Melanie Griffith (Actress)
- Siblings – Alexander Bauer (Half-Brother), Deacon Johnson (b. 2006) (Younger Half-Brother), Jasper (b. 2002) (Younger Half-Brother), Jesse Wayne Johnson (b. December 7, 1982) (Older Half-Brother), Stella del Carmen Banderas Griffith (b. September 24, 1996) (Younger Half-Sister), Grace (b. 1999) (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Antonio Banderas (Stepfather) (Spanish Film actor, producer, director, and singer), Kelley Phleger (Stepmother), Tippi Hedren (Grandmother) (Actress)
In 2006, she signed with IMG Models.
She is also signed to Management 360.
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dakota Johnson dated –
- Jordan Masterson (2011-2014) – The two actors dated together from 2011 to 2014.
- Benedict Cumberbatch (2013) – In December 2013, English actor Benedict Cumberbatch was RUMORed to have had a fling with Dakota, when he had lunch with her along with another female friend in New York.
- Matthew Hitt (2014-2015; 2015-2016) – Welsh singer, Matthew Hitt and Dakota were romantically linked to each other from April 2014 to early 2015. When Dakota’s movie, Fifty Shades of Grey was released in 2015, they split. They reconciled some months later only to call it quits again in late 2016. Their busy schedules were the reason behind the separation.
- Nicholas Braun (2015) – Dakota was reportedly dating her How To Be Single co-star Nicholas Braun in 2015.
- Chris Martin (2017-Present) – In December 2017, Coldplay singer Chris Martin and Dakota started dating each other. In October 2018, rumors started appearing that the couple was expecting a child together and they had held a gender-reveal party for the same. But, it later turned out to be false news.
Race / Ethnicity
She is naturally a brunette (Brown colored hair). But, she sometimes dyes her hair blonde depending upon film and TV roles.
She dyed her hair back to ‘Brown’ for the 2015 movie “Fifty Shades of Grey”.
A little gap in the front teeth.
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
In 2009, she modeled for MANGO brand’s jeans line.
In 2011, Dakota appeared in the “Rising Star” campaign for Australian fashion house Wish.
Best Known For
Playing Amelia Ritter in The Social Network (2010), as Fugazy in 21 Jump Street (2012), as Anita in the Need for Speed (2014), as Anastasia Steele in the Fifty Shades of Grey (2015).
Dakota played the role as Sondra in the 1999 comedy-drama film Crazy in Alabama.
First TV Show
She played the role as Kate Fox in Fox’s single-camera situation comedy television series Ben and Kate. The actress was a part of the main cast in all the 16 episodes of the series.
For the 2015 film Fifty Shades of Grey, she started hitting the gym regularly. Before that, she was not consistent. There are scenes in the film, where she is meagerly dressed. So, to look good n*ked, she is spending a lot of time in the gym.
She also sips cold-pressed raw juice during the daytime.
Now, she feels awesome working out and even hits the gym during her off time with her boyfriend Jordan Masterson.
Dakota Johnson Facts
- Johnson was named Miss Golden Globe 2006.
- At 12, she had a photo shoot for Teen Vogue with some other children of her age. This sparked interest in her to pursue modeling.
- As a child, Dakota was an avid dancer.
- Johnson has six half-siblings – four on her dad’s side and two on her mom’s side.
- She has a dog named Zeppelin.
- She is good friends with Riley Keough.
- She made her big screen debut at the age of 10.
- Connect with Dakota on Instagram.