|Bruce Campbell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1958|
Bruce Campbell is an American actor, director, producer, and writer who is well-known for his role as Ash Williams in the supernatural comedy film The Evil Dead, a sequel of the 1978 short film Within the Woods directed by Sam Raimi. During the early years of his acting career, he appeared on many low-budget cults films including Crimewave, Maniac Cop, Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat, and Bubba Ho-Tep. From 1993 to 2013, he landed on a few major lead roles on some top-rated TV series such as The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Jack of all Trades, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess, and Burn Notice. He later reprised his role as Ash Williams on Ash vs. Evil Dead from 2015 to 2018. In the early 2000s, Campbell began to direct films and some of his works included documentary films Fanalysis and A Community Speaks, and horror-comedy feature films such as Man with the Screaming Brain and My Name is Bruce.
He is a multi-talented artist because he’s not just as an actor, producer, and director, but also an author whose writing career kicked off after he made his first autobiography If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor which was released August 24, 2002. Another Bruce Campbell book titled Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way was published on May 26, 2005, which involved Bruce himself as the main character who struggles to make his way into the world of A-list movies. In the early and late 2000s, Campbell published 2 more books titled X-Ray Magazine and Hail to the Chin: Further Confessions of a B Movie Actor.
Bruce Lorne Campbell
B-Movie Bruce, The Chin
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
Jacksonville, Oregon, United States
He went to Wylie E. Groves High School in Michigan where he met his long-time friend and fellow actor, Sam Raimi. Campbell later attended Western Michigan University while continuously working as an actor at the same time.
Actor, Producer, Writer, Director
- Father – Charles Newton Campbell (Actor, Professor, Director, Traveling Billboard Inspector)
- Mother – Joanne Louise (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Don Campbell (Older Brother)
- Others – Michael Rendine Campbell (Older Half-Brother), Donald McKenzie Campbell (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Durfee Newton (Paternal Grandmother), Paul Raymond Pickens (Maternal Grandfather), and Marjorie Louise Dooley (Maternal Grandmother)
Bruce Campbell is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bruce Campbell has dated –
- Christine Deveau (1983-1989) – Bruce got married to his first wife Christine Deveau in 1983 and the former couple had 2 children together – a daughter named Rebecca and a son named Andy. They divorced in 1989 following 6 years of marriage.
- Ida Gearon (1991-Present) – After he met his new love on the set of the post-apocalyptic science fiction movie Mindwarp, Bruce got married to his second wife, costume designer Ida Gearon in 1991.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish and English descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Thin Lips
- Tall Height
- Thick Eyebrows
- Long Jawline
He has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Virginia State Lottery (1996)
- Old Spice Cologne (2007)
Best Known For
His role as Ash Williams in the supernatural comedy film The Evil Dead
He made his theatrical film debut in a supporting role as a Police Officer on a Bicycle in Sam Raimi’s feature-length movie, It’s Murder! in 1976.
First TV Show
In 1987, Bruce made his first TV show appearance as Joel Benson in the Say Uncle episode of the American soap opera series Knots Landing.
Bruce Campbell Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Traveling, Taking photographs
Source – Instagram
Bruce Campbell Facts
- He was associated with best-selling novelist Stephen King, who contributed on the success of his acting career by promoting his films on social media.
- His first book If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor was recognized as the New York Times Best Seller.
- Bruce is an ordained minister who has officiated weddings for couples.
- As of January 2019, he serves as a host and executive producer on Travel Channel‘s Ripley’s Believe It or Not! reboot series.
- He has done a ton of voice acting works on various animated projects including Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Evil Dead: Hail to the King, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, Evil Dead: Regeneration, Pitfall 3D: Beyond the Jungle, Spider-Man: The Movie, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Dead by Daylight.
- Visit his official website @ bruce-campbell.com.
- Connect with Bruce Campbell on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0