|Jaimé Gomez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1965|
Jaimé Gomez is an American actor, producer, writer, director, and businessman, best known for his role as Inspector Evan Cortez in the CBS TV series Nash Bridges (1996-2000). As a movie actor, he has appeared in movies such as Clear and Present Danger (1994), Crimson Tide (1995), and Training Day (2001).
Jaimé Paul Gomez
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended St. Paul High School in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles County, California, United States. After graduating, Jaimé enrolled in Rio Hondo College in Whittier, California, United States. He studied Theatre and Architecture but majored in Theatre under Jean Korf.
Jaimé studied at the Joanne Baron Acting Studio in Santa Monica, California, United States. After 2 years, he earned a Certificate of Excellence in Theatre in 1986.
Actor, Producer, Director, Writer, Businessman
Jaimé Gomez is represented by –
- Sandbar Films (Company) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and London, England, United Kingdom
- Media Artists Group (Talent Agent, Commercial, Literary) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Thirdhill Entertainment (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jaimé Gomez has dated –
- Jodi Lyn O’Keefe (1998)
- Debbie Martin – He is married to a producer and Chief Operating Officer of the production company they own together, Sandbar Films. Their anniversary is on January 20, and they have 2 children.
Note: He has a child from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Tejano Spanish descent on his paternal side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
After he lost his cousin to HIV in the 1990s, Jaimé became a big supporter of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and their AIDS campaign, #DoingIt, which promotes the importance of HIV testing.
Jaimé Gomez Favorite Things
- Activities – Sailing, Baseball, Horseback Riding, Pool, Basketball, Surfing, Motorcycle Riding, Watching Old Movies, Skateboarding
- Filmmakers – Sergio Leone, John Cassavetes, Sidney Lumet, Miloš Forman, Orson Welles, Akira Kurosawa
- Movies – On the Waterfront (1954), Touch of Evil (1958), Apocalypse Now (1979), Goya’s Ghost (2006), Yesterday (2019)
- Actors – Josh Steinbeck, Robert Evans, Steve McQueen, Basil Rathbone
- Movies With Steve McQueen – Sand Pebbles (1966), Papillon (1973)
- Basketball Club – Los Angeles Lakers
- Basketball Player – LeBron James
- Baseball Club – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Baseball Player – Yasiel Puig
- NFL Team – Las Vegas Raiders
- NFL Player – Khalil Mack
- Activist – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Drummer – Peter Ginger Baker
- Artist – Salvador Dali
- Disney Character – Mickey Mouse
- Quote – “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today…” – James Dean
Jaimé Gomez Facts
- He barely learned Spanish because his dad wanted to protect him from racism.
- He can play the guitar.
- Jaimé made his TV debut playing Robert Campos alongside Johnny Depp, Holly Robinson Peete, and Peter DeLuise in the series 21 Jump Street (1988). Johnny introduced himself right away, which is a courtesy Jaimé extended to newcomers in his TV show, Nash Bridges (1996-2000).
- In order to prepare for his role as Sergeant Oso in the movie Clear and Present Danger (1994) with Harrison Ford, Willem Dafoe, Anne Archer, and James Earl Jones, he underwent Special Forces/Sniper training.
- When Jaimé was 1st hired as Ood Mahoney in the movie Crimson Tide (1995), it was supposed to be for 7 days. In the end, he stayed for 7 weeks.
- He has a dog named Mini Cooper whom he adopted in September 2013.
- In January 2019, Jaimé became an instructor at the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- He has names Isabella and William tattooed on the shoulder of his right arm.
Featured Image by Jaimé Gomez / Instagram