|Goo Hara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1991|
|Date of Death
||November 24, 2019|
Goo Hara was a South Korean singer and actor who was a member of the South Korean girl group Kara. She was also a part of shows and movies like My Mad Beauty Diary, City Hunter, Urakara, Galileo 2, Invincible Youth, and It’s Okay, That’s Love. Moreover, Goo Hara made her debut as a solo artist in July 2015 with the release of her extended play titled Alohara (Can You Feel It?).
Hara, Koala, Gura, Honey Hara, Mermaid Princess, Forehead
She was born on January 3, 1991.
Goo Hara died on November 24, 2019, at the age of 28 in Seoul, South Korea. The cause of her death was suicide and the police also found a suicide note written by Goo.
Gwangju, South Korea
Goo Hara went to the Seoul Girls High School. She was later enrolled at the Sungshin Women’s University, which is a Seoul-based private women’s university.
She also took classes at Kwangjoo Academy of Music.
- Siblings – Goo Ho-in (Brother)
Goo Hara was signed up with Content Y (KeyEast).
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
44 kg or 97 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Goo Hara had dated –
- Yong Jun-Hyung (2011-2013) – Goo Hara started going out with singer-songwriter, Yong Jun-Hyung in the summer of 2011. Their relationship was made public in June 2011 and lasted less than two years as the rumors of their breakup started circulating in early 2013. In March 2013, their breakup was confirmed by her then representative agency, DSP Media in a public statement. The statement claimed that their busy schedule made it difficult for them to spend time together, which eventually led to them growing apart.
- Choi Jong-Bum – She met hairdresser Choi Jong-Bum on the set of the beauty TV program My Mad Beauty Diary and the two eventually started dating. However, the relationship was a tumultuous one and a drunken Choi broke into Goo’s house at around 1 a.m. on September 13, 2018, while she was sleeping and an argument followed which ended up with the police arriving at Goo’s house after Choi reported her for assault. She claimed that the incident was two-sided and both sides posted images of their injuries on the internet to explain their side of the story. Goo underwent a medical examination and it was found that she was suffering from uterus and vagina hemorrhage, and was also diagnosed with “cervical sprain”, “facial contusions and sprain”, “lower leg contusions and sprain”, and “right forearm and additional sprains.” After the incident, she filed a lawsuit against Choi for threatening to release a s*x video filmed without her consent. The aftermath of the proceeding took a toll on Goo Hara and she attempted suicide in her apartment on May 26, 2019. Choi was acquitted of the charge of filming the explicit video without permission in August 2019 but was sentenced to 1 year and 6 months in prison.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, on a couple of occasions, she had opted to dye her hair auburn.
- Petite figure
- A small mouth
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
0-2 (US) or 32-34 (EU) or 4-6 (UK)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
Goo Hara had done brand endorsement work for the following brands –
- Estee Lauder
- Chum Churum
- A’pieu Skincare
- We Make Price
- Reebok Freestyle
- Tommy Hilfiger Denim
- Banana Crazy
- Nature Republic
- Puzzle Bobble
- Lacoste L!ve
Best Known For
- Being the former member of the popular South Korean girl group, Kara. During her time with the band, they released several successful albums such as Revolution, Full Bloom, and Super Girl.
- Being cast in the role of Choi Da Hye in the South Korean drama TV series, City Hunter, which was based on the Manga series of the same name.
Her former music group, Kara’s first studio album after her arrival was Revolution, which was released in July 2009 and managed to reach the second spot on the South Korean music charts.
As a solo artist, she released her first EP, Alohara (Can You Feel It?) in July 2015. It managed to peak at the 4th spot on the domestic charts.
First TV Show
In October 2009, Goo Hara made her first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Invincible Youth.
Goo Hara relied on Pilates to keep herself fit and to keep her figure toned. Apart from Pilates, she loved to go horse riding, which she classified as her fun workout. Lastly, she also credited a host of breathing exercises for her tiny and toned waist.
She complimented her workout routine by eating a healthy and balanced diet. She, in particular, was a fan of smoothies made from bananas, almonds, blueberries, walnuts, and milk for her beautiful glow.
Goo Hara Favorite Things
- Artist – Fin.KL
- Color – Pink and Black
Source – Wikia
Goo Hara Facts
- In March 2016, she was caught in a minor scandal after she accidentally posted a picture of a weed blunt on her Instagram account.
- In 2014 and 2016, the TC Candler Magazine placed her in the #99 and #45 positions respectively in the list featuring the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of the World 2014.
- In 2007, she auditioned to work with JYP Entertainment. However, she was turned down at the auditions.
- In January 2011, Goo revealed that she was all set to terminate her contract with DSP Media. She even filed a lawsuit for the same but by the end of the year, she announced that she was rejoining the company and claimed that she wasn’t aware of the content of the lawsuit.
- As the news of her s*x video with Choi Jong-Bum went public, she became a victim of massive online harassment, despite being the victim of a crime.
Featured Image by Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0