|Amy Brenneman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1964|
Amy Brenneman is an American actress and producer who rose to fame with her portrayal of Detective Janice Licalsi in NYPD Blue from 1993 to 1994. Nevertheless, she has also made several prominent film appearances such as in Heat (1995), Fear (1996), Daylight (1996), Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her (2000), Nine Lives (2005), and The Jane Austen Book Club (2007).
Amy Frederica Brenneman
New London, Connecticut, United States
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
She completed her studies at Glastonbury High School, Glastonbury, Connecticut in 1982.
In 1987, Amy graduated with a major in Comparative Religion from Harvard University.
- Father – Russell Langdon Brenneman Jr. (Environmental Lawyer)
- Mother – Frederica Joanne Shoenfield(Judge of the Connecticut State Superior Court)
- Siblings – Matthew Brenneman (Brother) (Lawyer), Andrew Brenneman (Brother) (Interactive Software Producer)
Amy is represented by Creative Artists Agency and Mosaic.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy has dated –
- Brad Silberling (1995-Present) – Amy and director Brad Silberling whom she married in 1995, are parents to 2 children Charlotte Tucker (b. March 2001) and Bodhi Russell (b. June 8, 2005). Her daughter Charlotte was born with an uncommon chromosomal abnormality.
Race / Ethnicity
Amy has Swiss-German, German, English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry on her father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Thin lips
- Almond shapes eyes
Amy has been featured in the commercials for various brands including Tampax and Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America.
Amy Brenneman Favorite Things
- Episode On Private Practice – Mourning Sickness (October 2, 2012)
Amy Brenneman Facts
- She spent her younger years in Glastonbury, Connecticut.
- Her mother Frederica was the first female Senior Judge on the Superior Court of the State of Connecticut.
- It was during her teenage years that she started to take an interest in theatre at school and also took part in her local theatre groups too.
- She was one of the co-founders of the Cornerstone Theatre Company which was founded while she was attending Harvard.
- Amy made her debut TV show appearance as Blanche in Middle Ages in 1992. A year later, she got her big break with her role as NYPD Blue Officer Janice Licalsi later promoted to Det. Janice Licalsi on the show NYPD Blue in 1993, for which was nominated on 2 separate occasions for a Primetime Emmy Award.
- She is an Episcopalian.
- The petition We Had Abortions by Ms. Magazine‘s October 2006, issue was signed by Amy along with 4999 other women which suggested that they had an abortion in the past and did not feel any sort of guilt about the decision to do so. She is also a pro-choice activist.
- Amy is an active supporter of the restrictive gun laws and had also arranged the “Target for a Safe America” gala for Brady Center that aims to prevent gun-related violence.
- Aside from being an actress, Amy is also a producer who has worked as an executive producer for various shows including Judging Amy and Heartbeat.
- Actress Maria Bello is a close friend of hers.
Featured Image By Amy Brenneman / Instagram