Tia Dashon Mowry
Gelnhausen, Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Germany
Agoura Hills, California, United States
Tia Mowry attended the Birmingham High School in Van Nuys.
She then went to the Pepperdine University. In 2001, she spent summer studying at the Pepperdine’s Italian campus in Florence.
Actress, model, author, businesswoman, vocalist
- Father – Timothy John Mowry (US Army Veteran and Custody Officer with Glendale City Police Department)
- Mother – Darlene Renee Mowry (US Army Veteran)
- Siblings – Tahj Mowry (Younger Brother), Tavior Mowry (Younger Brother) (Played College Football for University of California), Tamera Mowry (Older Twin Sister) (Actress, television host, model, author, businesswoman, singer)
- Others – Jameel Cook (Cousin) (Professional NFL Player), Adam Housley (Brother-in-law) (Fox News Journalist and Reporter)
Tia Mowry is represented by Persona PR.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tia Mowry has dated –
- Cory Hardrict (2000-Present) – Tia Mowry first met actor Cory Hardrict at a bus stop. The story goes something like this – Cory was waiting at the bus stop and Mowry sisters saw him waiting and offered him a ride. They became friends soon after. Tia had just finished working in Sister, Sister, while he was a struggling actor doing random jobs such as doing security at the graveyard and working at K-Mart. After dating for around 6 years, they got engaged on the Christmas eve in 2006 after he had put up an elaborate engagement proposal involving his younger brother, romantic songs, and dash of humor. In April 2008, they got married in California. In June 2011, she gave birth to a son, Cree Taylor Hardrict.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Irish ancestry, while, on mother’s side, she is of Afro-Bahamian descent.
Often plays with hair color
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) (via People)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Tia Mowry has starred in the TV commercials for
- Western Fun Motorhome product line from famous toy brand, Barbie
- Frosted Cheerios
- Old Navy (Clothing Brand)
- Brita (Water Filter Company)
- Zaxby (Fast Food Chain)
- Double Mint Gum
Best Known For
- Being cast as Tia Landry in the ABC and WB drama series, Sister, Sister, in which starred alongside her twin sister Tamera.
- Playing the role of medical student Melanie Barnett in the comedy-drama series The Game.
As a Singer
Along with her twin sister Tamera, Tia was a member of the R&B vocal girl group, Voices. In 1992, the band released their debut album, Just the Beginning…
Tia debuted in the role of Venetia in the 2002 comedy film The Hot Chick.
First TV Show
She guest appeared in the role of Judith Ann Webb in the TV series Dangerous Women in 1991.
After giving birth to her son, she adopted a cautious workout routine to shed her baby fat. Initially, she was working just 2 to 3 times a week before progressing to 4 times and then to 5 times a week.
She also went out for less intense and demanding workout sessions such as Pilates and yoga. She especially enjoyed power yoga sessions. Plus, she kept her weight loss goals conservative aiming to shed around 5 pounds per month.
Off late, she has settled down on yoga as her choice of workout. She states that yoga helps her de-stress and doesn’t rile her up. Also, she goes for a modern form of yoga that is done on the hip hop tunes at the Y7 Studio.
Another fitness activity that helps her manage her stress levels is running.
Regarding diet, she has cut out sugar and carbs. She focusses on eating a lot of protein and generous amounts of fresh vegetable and fruits. In case, the hunger pangs strike in between meals, she relies on her homemade smoothie bowl to curb it. She puts in some bananas, peanut butter, few nuts, a bit of coconut milk and unsweetened cocoa powder.
Tia Mowry Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones
- Late Night Snack – Oreos
- Food City to Visit – New York City
- Burger Topping – Bacon
- Happy Place – Her bed
- Must have Supper Dish – Fried Chicken
- Pizza Topping – Pepperoni
- Vacation Spot – Anguilla
- Guilty Pleasure Food – Velvet Cupcake
- Spot – Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles
- Comfort Food – Spaghetti and meatballs
Source – Food Network
Tia Mowry Facts
- At the age of 12, Tia and her sister Tamera asked their mother to move the family to Los Angeles so that they could pursue an acting career.
- In May 2012, she released her first book, titled Oh, Baby: Pregnancy Tales and Advice from One Hot Mama to Another and which talked about pregnancy and working mother.
- Tia serves as the coach of the Atlanta team in the Entertainment Basketball League celebrity team. Her husband Cory Hardrict and her former co-star Pooch Hall play under her.
- After reading actress Alicia Silverstone‘s book The Kind Diet, she decided to adopt being vegan as a New Year Resolution.
- She has been a vocal advocate of the vegan lifestyle and has even starred in PETA’s vegan promotion campaign.
- In 2015, she collaborated with her sister Tamera to release a fiction book, Twintuition: Double Vision, which narrates the fantasy story of twin sisters and their adventures.
- She joined hands with Tamera to establish their own production company by the name of “Twilight Production.”
- Tia and Tamera co-starred in STYLE Network’s reality TV show, Tia & Tamera. The show became the best watched new series in the history of the network.
- In 2013, Tia and Tamera launched their own range of motherhood products. Initially, they introduced two products – Milky! which was a herbal drink containing organic ingredients that helped mothers produce milk and Stretchy! which was a herbal cream that helped reduce pregnancy scars.
- Visit her official website @ tiaandtameraofficial.com.
- Connect with Tia on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.