|Aya Cash Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1982|
Aya Cash is an American actress who came into prominence after portraying the role of Gretchen Cutler in the FX/FXX dark comedy TV show You’re the Worst (2014–2019) for which she was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series” as well as the TCA Award for “Individual Achievement in Comedy” in 2016. She has starred in several other programs on the small screen including Easy (2016–2019), performed in numerous plays like The Other Place (2011), and has appeared in a number of films such as The Oranges (2011), Begin Again (2013), Mary Goes Round (2017), and Game Over, Man! (2018).
Aya Rachel Cash
San Francisco, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
She attended the San Francisco School of the Arts. After that, she went to the University of Minnesota, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting in 2004 in partnership with the Guthrie Theater Actor Training Program.
- Father – Eugene Cash (Buddhist teacher)
- Mother – Kim Addonizio (Poet, Novelist)
- Others – Pauline Betz (Grandmother) (Professional Tennis Player), Bob Addie (Grandfather) (Sportswriter)
She is represented by United Talent Agency and Viewpoint, Inc.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Josh Alexander (2012-Present) – She tied the knot with actor, producer, and writer Josh Alexander in September 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side of the family and of Italian, German, and Irish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Defined jawline
- Tattoo of a hawk on her back
Aya Cash Favorite Things
- The Thing She Has Considered To Be The Best About Herself – Her grandmother’s winning the Wimbledon in 1946 having recalled that the amazing lady had made Aya call her “Champy” for Champion her whole life as she would not be satisfied to be called just Grandma as a result of which Aya did not know her name was not Champy until she turned 11 years old
- The Most Fun She Had In A Scene While Working For You’re the Worst – The Sunday Funday scenes that were the toughest to shoot as well as the most enjoyable to film
Source – Glamour
Aya Cash Facts
- She has explained that her surname “Cash” had originally been something like “Chirsch”.
- Aya has revealed that while growing up, she used to devour junk food in huge quantities and it was not until she was 22 years old and freshly graduated from college that she had voluntarily chosen to place a piece of lettuce in her mouth, upon which she had discovered that she actually did not dislike the taste.
- She has disclosed that she had got a hawk etched on her back as she had been informed that Aya means “hawk” in Hebrew. However, on a trip to Israel later on, she came to know that her name is an archaic word for “hawk” but that it is the modern word for “honey buzzard” that is another bird of prey.
Featured Image by Aya Cash / Instagram