|De’Von Achane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
De’Von Achane is an American professional football player who has represented the Miami Dolphins (2023-Present) in the NFL (National Football League – an American football league regarded as the highest professional level of the sport in the world), as a running back. He had been picked 84th overall in the 3rd round of the 2023 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins.
De’Von T. Achane
Missouri City, Texas, United States
De’Von had attended the Thurgood Marshall High School, a public school in Missouri City, Texas. After his high school graduation, he joined Texas A&M University, a public, land-grant, research university in College Station, a city in Brazos County, Texas.
There, he represented the Texas A&M Aggies football team between 2020 and 2022. After the 2022 season, he announced that he would forgo his senior season to enter the 2023 NFL Draft.
Professional American Football Player
He has been represented by Leah Knight, Manager and Booking Agent, Roc Nation Sports, Athlete Management Firm, Dallas, Texas, United States.
- 6 – Texas A&M Aggies
- 28 – Miami Dolphins
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thin goatee
- Wears ear studs
- Has both his hands and his upper chest covered in tattoos
De’Von Achane Facts
- De’Von rushed for 4,795 yards with 87 touchdowns during his high school football career. Besides football, he also used to participate in track events during his high school days. He was even named the ‘Texas Gatorade Boys Track & Field Athlete of the Year’ in 2020.
- During his true freshman season with Texas A&M University, he was named the ‘MVP’ (Most Valuable Player) of the Orange Bowl (an American college football bowl game that has been played in the Miami metropolitan area annually since 1935). The game was played on January 2, 2021, and De’Von rushed for 140 yards on 12 carries with 2 rushing touchdowns.
- In his sophomore season (2021) with Texas A&M University, he recorded more than a thousand all-purpose yards. He also led the SEC (Southeastern Conference) in rushing yards per attempt. The SEC is a college athletic conference whose member institutions are located primarily in the South Central and Southeastern United States.
- Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, the conference participates in the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (the highest level of college football in the United States). For his performances in his junior season with Texas A&M University, De’Von was included in the ‘First-Team All-SEC‘ in 2022.
- He was selected in the 3rd round of the 2023 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins. During the team’s ‘Week 3’ game of the 2023 NFL season, against the Denver Broncos, he finished with 203 rushing yards, 30 receiving yards, and 4 total touchdowns – as the Miami Dolphins won by a massive 70-20 margin.
- This performance earned De’Von the ‘AFC Offensive Player of the Week’ award. The AFC (American Football Conference) is one of the two conferences of the NFL – the other being the NFC (National Football Conference). Both conferences contain 16 teams separated into 4 divisions (East, North, South, and West).
Featured Image by De’Von Achane / Instagram