|Shadab Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1998|
Shadab Khan is a Pakistani professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a bowling all-rounder. As of October 2021, he was the vice-captain of the national team in the limited-overs formats (ODIs and T20Is), a role that he was assigned in October 2020. He was an integral member of the Pakistani squad that had won the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, the first time that Pakistan had achieved that feat. Before breaking into the senior national team in all 3 formats in the same year (2017), he had participated in the 2016 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, helping Pakistan achieve a 5th-place finish. He had picked up 11 wickets from 6 games at a stellar average of 19 in the tournament and was the team’s leading wicket-taker in the first and last matches of their group stage engagements – 4/9 in a 6 wicket win over Afghanistan and 3/31 in a 23 run win over Sri Lanka. In the Pakistani domestic circuit, he has played for the regional teams Rawalpindi Rams (2015), Northern (2019-Present), Islamabad, and Rawalpindi; as well as the departmental teams K-Electric (2016-Present) and Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) across all 3 formats.
Mianwali, Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan
Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan
He is represented by Insignia Sports International, Sports Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
Right-Arm Leg Break
- 29 – Test Match
- 29, 7 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 7 – Islamabad United (PSL), Trinbago Knight Riders (CPL), Brisbane Heat (BBL)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shadab Khan has dated –
- In January 2023, Shadab married former International cricketer, Saqlain Mushtaq’s daughter. He announced the news via his social media account. He didn’t reveal any more information and suggested that he would like to keep his family life private. On February 10, 2023, a wedding reception was also held in Rawalpindi which was attended by many Pakistani cricketers including Babar Azam, Hasan Ali, and Haris Rauf.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pakistani descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Shadab Khan Facts
- He had made his international debut in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is) on the same away tour (Pakistan’s tour of the West Indies in the 2016–17 season), a rather rare occurrence in international cricket.
- On March 26, 2017, on his T20I debut for Pakistan, he had recorded sensational figures of 3 wickets for just 7 runs in his 4-over spell, at an economy rate of 1.75 runs per over. These were the then most economical figures for a bowler completing his quota of 4 overs on the T20I debut. Pakistan had won the low-scoring encounter by 6 wickets and he had been named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his performance.
- In the very next match, he had recorded figures of 4/14 to help his team defend a paltry total of 132 runs by a narrow margin of just 3 runs. He was again named the ‘Player of the Match’.
- A valuable spin-bowling allrounder, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Islamabad United (2017–Present) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); Trinbago Knight Riders (2017) and Guyana Amazon Warriors (2019) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Brisbane Heat (2017) in the BBL (Big Bash League); and Dhaka Platoon (2019-20) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League). As of October 2021, he was the captain of Islamabad United, a role that he was assigned in 2019.
Featured Image by Shadab Khan / Instagram